Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bank Of England - excel test watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I am attending a interview this week at the bank of england , there will be a a interview and a excel test for a hour. Im not sure what kind of questions will be asked in it as they havent said much , has anybody done it before or know what kind of questions come up.

This is for my year in industry therefore if anyone has done it or has some knowledge on it please give me some pointers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilscorpio101)
    Hi guys

I am attending a interview this week at the bank of england , there will be a a interview and a excel test for a hour. Im not sure what kind of questions will be asked in it as they havent said much , has anybody done it before or know what kind of questions come up.

This is for my year in industry therefore if anyone has done it or has some knowledge on it please give me some pointers.

Most likely basic use of excel spreadsheet formulae.

Are you an exceptional excel user?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest i think i am just average i have done a module last year where we worked on spreadsheets, financial functions , vlookup and stuff like that but im not an advanced user or anything , thats why im kind of worried

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    just read your post, i also applied to the bank, out of interest, did u get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    did u do the excel test, if so what did it it comprise of. i have one on friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vclark4)
    did u do the excel test, if so what did it it comprise of. i have one on friday.
    Almost 2 yr old thread.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.