The Student Room Group

Movies, series, books, songs etc to help with Spanish a level

Literally anything.. my speaking is soooo bad like I just can't speak fluently/ eloquently without memorizing tons
Original post by Roxibox123
Literally anything.. my speaking is soooo bad like I just can't speak fluently/ eloquently without memorizing tons

Hey, I have a good list of things that'll help.
I listen to the Duolingo Spanish Podcast. It's great for learning the language and new vocabulary. The stories are told in Spanish and then the host chimes in with English context. I really enjoy listening to that.
I think my favourite Spanish shows to watch that were good for the language were Cable Girls (Las Chicas del Cable), El Gran Hotel (The Great Hotel, which was the first Spanish series I watched) and probably Money Heist (La Casa del Papel). These shows are all on Netflix
I also watch the Easy Spanish Youtube channel. They interview Spanish people about different topics and they put the subtitles on the video so you can follow what they're saying.
I have a list of movies and tv shows that I've watched if you want me to send them to you.
Reply 2
spanish 'extr@' it's like a bizarre, low budget spanish learning version of friends. It's a bit basic for a level but it's quite fun
also the Spanish tv series 'elite' is pretty good for colloquial spanish
Original post by evakesiax
Hey, I have a good list of things that'll help.
I listen to the Duolingo Spanish Podcast. It's great for learning the language and new vocabulary. The stories are told in Spanish and then the host chimes in with English context. I really enjoy listening to that.
I think my favourite Spanish shows to watch that were good for the language were Cable Girls (Las Chicas del Cable), El Gran Hotel (The Great Hotel, which was the first Spanish series I watched) and probably Money Heist (La Casa del Papel). These shows are all on Netflix
I also watch the Easy Spanish Youtube channel. They interview Spanish people about different topics and they put the subtitles on the video so you can follow what they're saying.
I have a list of movies and tv shows that I've watched if you want me to send them to you.

Thank you and yes pleasseee
I don’t take Spanish, but I take A Level French and this is what I am doing/trying to get in the habit of lol

If you have Netflix you can watch shows either originally filmed in Spanish or films that are dubbed in Spanish because there are loadsss available. This is motivating because you can literally relax while still improving your skills.

You can listen to Spanish versions of songs you like.

And you can also try to speak to yourself about your day or whatever but in Spanish to help. You can then check that whatever you said is accurate by using DeepL.
Also how do u revise for photocard and in the exam do u write in bullet points or what? Like how do u get the higher marks ???
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sciencegcsesss
I don’t take Spanish, but I take A Level French and this is what I am doing/trying to get in the habit of lol

If you have Netflix you can watch shows either originally filmed in Spanish or films that are dubbed in Spanish because there are loadsss available. This is motivating because you can literally relax while still improving your skills.

You can listen to Spanish versions of songs you like.

And you can also try to speak to yourself about your day or whatever but in Spanish to help. You can then check that whatever you said is accurate by using DeepL.

I also do French A Level and this is exactly what I do too. I think it's good that I'm able to apply all the techniques to both languages.
Original post by Roxibox123
Thank you and yes pleasseee

pm me ur email address

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending