Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically my bf is all over me one day really into me then he can barely be assed 2 chat to me, doesnt reply 2 my txts if we meet up he barley speaks
    i asked him about it but he doesnt even seem to realise hes doing it
    its getting me down a bit now
    what can i do ?

ReputationRep:
    be the same and then if he notices ask him how it feels (:
    actually no dont do that..

ReputationRep:
    dump the chump

ReputationRep:
    Ask him how he really feels about you and tell him how he makes you feel. Maybe he has something on his mind at the moment. Give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment, but if you speak to him about this and he doesn't give you a good enough answer I would just end the relationship. Good luck =)

ReputationRep:
    talk to him!
    my boyfriend does that when either a/i've done something to upset him and not realise, b/he's got something on his mind, or c/someone else has upset him

ReputationRep:
    I've been the same in the past... Go nuts and scream at him... Tell him to make his mind up or get lost. That should wake him up!

ReputationRep:
    Punch him in the face and bite his balls off.
    Then say "oh, sorry.. didn't realise I was doing that!"

I'm sure he'll sympathise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotte01)
    basically my bf is all over me one day really into me then he can barely be assed 2 chat to me, doesnt reply 2 my txts if we meet up he barley speaks
    i asked him about it but he doesnt even seem to realise hes doing it
    its getting me down a bit now
    what can i do ?
    Try to talking to him about it...maybe there's a reason for his behaviour? Sometime people act strangely when there's something wrong.

If not and he's just blowing hot and cold....I would maybe think about splitting up with him for your own psychological well-being. Its not gonna do your self-esteem any good to be treated like this long-term.

ReputationRep:
    manperiod?

My advise would be to talk to him.

My boyfriend was acting similarly a few weeks ago (although he wasn’t ignoring me completely, just not being himself). So I eventually persuaded him to talk to me, as it was really upsetting. Turns out the reason he was acting differently was because he was trying to protect us both, as I am leaving the country in less than a year ..and he was trying to distance him self so it would be easier when the time came. He just didn’t realise just how much that was hurting me!…but now we have spoken about it everything is back to normal and I couldn’t be happier (well apart from if he was coming with me! lol)

Sorry about the essay, it actually makes more sense to me now I have written it down! :-s

I'm sure you will work it out!
    Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.