Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fifth driving test coming up... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have my fifth one coming up

Im so worried... i think i'm on the way to breaking a record with the number of fails.

Normall, I drive really well when I'm diriving friends or family around, I just always seem to muck up in the tests.

I haven't told anybody abou this test, and it's killing me!!! It's coming up this Wednesday at 10.45

Anyone else failed as many times as me:o:
    Any advice?

Thanx :p:

ReputationRep:
    Awww don't worry about it.

My sister failed about 8 times...and got no minors but one serious on her last attempt. :eek:

Good luck, I'm sure you'll pass soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ѕнαℓiηα)
    Awww don't worry about it.

My sister failed about 8 times...and got no minors but one serious on her last attempt. :eek:

Good luck, I'm sure you'll pass soon!
    omg... that could easily be me

lol, i wonder what advice my little sister's been giving failing learner's :p:

ReputationRep:
    I failed 3 times, and everyone of them was for a very minor error, but the examiner thought it was major. So if it carries on like this I could fail 10 times unless I get lucky, because no matter how good I become at driving I could still fail, because these "mistakes" are just so easy to make. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    just drive and don't think of it as a test and if you **** up or think you've ****** up forget about it because it may only be a minor or the examiner may even have missed it

ReputationRep:
    No doubt you will fail again.
    But there is always public transport for you. head up.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, don't assume you've failed until the end of the test. That's what made me fail my first test, because i'd already given up. I failed twice, for silly reasons not because i wasnt a good drive. its all ticking boxes, you dont learn to drive until youve passed.

ReputationRep:
    I have my 4th coming up! I haven't told anyone either, not even my mum.

GOOD LUCK.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone who is having to retake, im sure you wil get there just keep at it!

I havent booked my test just yet, i just really hope i pass first time. Not many people actually pass first time though, so dont give up!!

xx

ReputationRep:
    i passed on my 5th test =]
    as did a number of my friends actually =]
    i kept screwing up on my tests cos i was panicking so bad.
    On my final one, i was hyper as i walked/skipped into the test centre (my driving instructor wondered what was wrong with me) and that was the time i passed. I got to the stage where i was like "whatever, ive already failed 4 times so if i fail again, i'll just keep taking the test".... n somehow i passed

ReputationRep:
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    this may not help, but i passed first time and i have no idea how! i was a nervous wreck, shaking so badly I could barely control the clutch, I was sick in the test centre before hand and hyperventilated for the first 10 minutes. I drove TERRIBLY (no exaggeration), and the examiner said she thought I was a good driver, just incredibly nervous (true) and passed me

the point im trying to make, is its mostly down to luck - so just remember its not the end of the world and stay as calm as possible (or try rescue remidy?!)

good luck

ReputationRep:
    thanx everyone for the helpful comments

:eek3: it's soo soooon!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami*)
    I have my fifth one coming up

Im so worried... i think i'm on the way to breaking a record with the number of fails.

Normall, I drive really well when I'm diriving friends or family around, I just always seem to muck up in the tests.

I haven't told anybody abou this test, and it's killing me!!! It's coming up this Wednesday at 10.45

Anyone else failed as many times as me:o:
    Any advice?

Thanx :p:

yeah, i failed 8 times. Just remember, even if you do fail, theres always going to be someone worse.
    Good luck, I really hope you pass!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suze0811)
    yeah, i failed 8 times. Just remember, even if you do fail, theres always going to be someone worse.
    Good luck, I really hope you pass!
    failed...yet again:cry:

ReputationRep:
    Bad luck.

What did you fail on this time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brapboybrap)
    No doubt you will fail again.
    But there is always public transport for you. head up.
    quote for truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami*)
    failed...yet again:cry:
    awww no! what happened? hope you're ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayEm)
    Bad luck.

What did you fail on this time?
    (Original post by suze0811)
    awww no! what happened? hope you're ok!
    i went too close to a parked car

:rolleyes:
    (Original post by brapboybrap)
    quote for truth.
    :sadnod: tell me about it

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, have you tried a different test centre to change things up a little?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.