Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone here currently on the TV Production course at Bournemouth?

What was your interview like? Were you only accepted if you had done your own films outside school/college? The reason I ask is because I've heard they're very keen on seeing good student films during the application process, not just some random college thing done for A Level. The thing is, I've probably got almost 20 weekend TV runner credits to my name and would hope this would go to show I do have a huge interest in TV Production? I didn't get round to doing my own films outside college because I was too busy working for TV studios...

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I'm a first year doing TV production at bournemouth, the interview is a whole day which consists of a 1 on 1 interview, a written part, a tour and a showcase of student work. I can't answer your question about student films as they take a DVD from you however I had 2 college pieces and a few independant projects (like band coverage and a music video). However what I can say is your runner work will help alot, I did some for independant films in my city and they were very interested. Then again, speaking to other people on my course the questions they will ask you will vary.

ReputationRep:
    when I did my interview about 2 years back they didnt see any of my films. They were more interested in my sketch books from art and my essays I had done.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for this course, and was wondering if anyone's heard back from the uni about having an interview?
    They've sent me confirmation of getting my app., but am getting more and more nervous now, its my first choice :]
    I got ABB and have done a few low scale music videos, some graphics, my A2 music video and some written work, but i wonder if that'll be enough?

ReputationRep:
    That should be enough I think. However try and get some work experience in, see if anybody local is making a film and offer to help out, that sort of stuff. Also, try a stab at script writing, I think they like people with creative ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionsquestions)
    Is there anyone here currently on the TV Production course at Bournemouth?

What was your interview like? Were you only accepted if you had done your own films outside school/college? The reason I ask is because I've heard they're very keen on seeing good student films during the application process, not just some random college thing done for A Level. The thing is, I've probably got almost 20 weekend TV runner credits to my name and would hope this would go to show I do have a huge interest in TV Production? I didn't get round to doing my own films outside college because I was too busy working for TV studios...
    Hi, I was just wondering how you got work as a runner? Because I'm really interested in doing that but I can't find any on the internet especially because I'm still in 6th form and I'm not 18 yet. Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.