Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On my Fiat Punto the book says that the two front tyres should be 2.0bar and the two back tyres should be 1.9bar.

Thing is I went to Tesco's to the pump and they only had the reading in PSI (digital one) and so I was stuck and ended up not doing it.

Anyone know the conversion?

ReputationRep:
    1 pound per square inch = 0.0689475729 bar

1 bar = 14.5037738 pounds per square inch

So;
    29 PSI front
    27.5 PSI rear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    1 pound per square inch = 0.0689475729 bar

1 bar = 14.5037738 pounds per square inch

So;
    29 PSI front
    27.5 PSI rear
    You're a star! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    lots of tyre threads popping up lately.

ReputationRep:
    Google is your friend.

I am continually surprised that nobody seems to know that Google has a built-in calculator/converter. Either that or everyone is too lazy to open a new tab.

ReputationRep:
    32psi. Always, at least as a good guide.

ReputationRep:
    Car manafactures sometimes put the tyres pressures slightly on the lower side for comfort. You could add 2psi to that pressures for increased economy. Also that will be the unloaded pressure as well, they usually have a loaded pressure as well if you were to have say 5 people in the car often or carry lots of luggage. Petrol station forecourt pumps are also not that accurate and you have the probelm of if you have driven quite a few miles to get there the air in the tyres will be warmer upsetting the accuracy of the reading.

Dont mean to confuse you so just pump them up to 32front 30Rear

ReputationRep:
    I have always adjusted tyre pressures to suit the handling of the car.

I have the Volvo set at 28 all round. Wheras, the MG was at 26 front, 24 rear or 60 front 9 rear for the track.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.