Year 12 Selwyn College Summer School

Watch this thread
sciencegcsesss
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Who else has applied? Has anyone received a decision?
Kikisampala
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Heyyy!’ I was successful for Medicine!! Woop wooonn
(Original post by sciencegcsesss)
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
(Original post by Kikisampala)
Damnnnn congrats!!!!! Well done!!! I got in too, but for History and Politics :-D!!!!
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
I’m so excited, it sounds so cool ahhh!!!!!! I can’t wait to go! Hbu?
Kikisampala
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I’m so excited, it sounds so cool ahhh!!!!!! I can’t wait to go! Hbu?
I’m SO SO SO SO buzzing I’ve never been to a summer school before so I’m really excited! And I’ve never been to Cambridge before!!
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
I’m SO SO SO SO buzzing I’ve never been to a summer school before so I’m really excited! And I’ve never been to Cambridge before!!
Innit same!!! I haven’t told my teachers tho yet lol 🤭 I will email them on Monday though

I’ve never been to Cambridge before - I’m so excited! It’s so pretty and one thing I’m really looking forward to are the supervisions!!!
Spoiler:
Show
Provided I don’t look like someone who has no clue at all compared to literal world-leading professors lol
Kikisampala
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Innit same!!! I haven’t told my teachers tho yet lol 🤭 I will email them on Monday though

I’ve never been to Cambridge before - I’m so excited! It’s so pretty and one thing I’m really looking forward to are the supervisions!!!
Spoiler:
Show
Provided I don’t look like someone who has no clue at all compared to literal world-leading professors lol
Have you received a timetable or anything! I filled out the forms they sent us! Also your teachers need to do your reference so do let them know!!
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
Have you received a timetable or anything! I filled out the forms they sent us! Also your teachers need to do your reference so do let them know!!
No I haven’t, have you? Yeah I filled them out on the day I got them.
oh right - thanks for letting me know ! I put down my tutor but I haven’t told my subject teachers that I’ll be missing their lessons!
joe7898
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
No I haven’t, have you? Yeah I filled them out on the day I got them.
oh right - thanks for letting me know ! I put down my tutor but I haven’t told my subject teachers that I’ll be missing their lessons!
Yous have school at the end of this month? I'm guessing that all English pupils do but I don't since I'm in Scotland. I'm got in for engineering!
Last edited by joe7898; 2 months ago
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
what is the point of a summer school? Shouldn't kids be chilling out and enjoying their summer before the year ahead? :eek:
straykidss
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Same!!! I'll see you there!

Also, is it Tuesday 28th to Wed 29th - because they wrote wed 30th on my email (but there is no wed 30th June :confused:)?
Last edited by straykidss; 2 months ago
joe7898
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by straykidss)

Also, is it Tuesday 28th to Wed 29th - because they wrote wed 30th on my email (but there is no wed 30th June :confused:)?
The engineering one is Wednesday 29th to Thursday 30th June although yours might be different
Kikisampala
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by straykidss)

YESSS its 28th to 29th!!
straykidss
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
YESSS its 28th to 29th!!
Thankssss
joe7898
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
YESSS its 28th to 29th!!
Is it not the 29th to 30th? I think the engineering one is
Last edited by joe7898; 2 months ago
vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
no time for that in year 12 summer lmao
(Original post by boulderingislife)
what is the point of a summer school? Shouldn't kids be chilling out and enjoying their summer before the year ahead? :eek:
joe7898
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by boulderingislife)
Year 12/S5 summer is when you do most of the super-curriculars that will make your personal statement look good and summer schools are a great way to find out about the courses your thinking of planning and the university. Cause it can be really difficult to see what it will actually be like without going to a summer school. Year 13/S6 summer, you'll have plenty of time to relax cause you've already got into university and you have no work to do
Kikisampala
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by joe7898)
Year 12/S5 summer is when you do most of the super-curriculars that will make your personal statement look good and summer schools are a great way to find out about the courses your thinking of planning and the university. Cause it can be really difficult to see what it will actually be like without going to a summer school. Year 13/S6 summer, you'll have plenty of time to relax cause you've already got into university and you have no work to do
Have you guys heard anything since you filled out the four forms we had to complete
joe7898
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Have you guys heard anything since you filled out the four forms we had to complete
No, the deadline is tomorrow though so we should hear back after that
straykidss
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not yet, you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads