Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had a microeconomics exam today. On the bus back from university, I was sitting next to girl I know off my course who had just had the same exam. We were talking about the exam and I said "I thought it went pretty well considering I didn't have the best preparation". "Oh yea, what was wrong with your preparation" she replied. I went on to explain how I only got back from a week skiing with the army the day before my exams started, and I hadn't really done the revision I should have.

"Yea, my preparation wasn't the best either", she went on to say. "On Christmas Eve my grandma died so we had to fly to India on Christmas Day. The village was hit by the tsunami on Boxing Day, and then on the flight home the airline lost my bag containing all my books and notes." Suffice to say, I felt rather embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    Naughty Ed!

ReputationRep:
    eeek! well you werent to know i guess!

ReputationRep:
    yeah you wernt to know

ReputationRep:
    how did you react?

ReputationRep:
    That kind of things happens a lot, you go home moaning how your day was crap because the bus was five minutes late, while you're moaning about the bus it turns out somebody close has died or somthing.

ReputationRep:
    Went to a friend's party. Now my friend's house is part home for the mentally disabled. Her mum answered the door. I'd never met her before. She looked at me funny. I thought she was one of the people they look after :'(

ReputationRep:
    I was in a play at school and we had a ramp to get up to the back of the stage. There was a hole in the middle of the ramp which we'd been told to avoid. But it was really dark and I put my foot in it.

(True story)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    how did you react?
    By looking embarrassed. She changed the subject, which I was grateful for!

ReputationRep:
    When I was about five or six, I was in a clothes shop. I was walking around by myself and saw a manakin (?) against the top of the esculators, so I walked over and shook its leg. It then turned round and looked at me. Turns out it was a woman standing very, very still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hythlodaeus*)
    When I was about five or six, I was in a clothes shop. I was walking around by myself and saw a manakin (?) against the top of the esculators, so I walked over and shook its leg. It then turned round and looked at me. Turns out it was a woman standing very, very still.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    OMG this thread is making me laugh soooo much! Thanks guys I can't think of anything to share atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    One time I went up to some man in a shop and just ..held his hand. I thought it was my dad.

The git played along, and waited ages until I looked up at him, got a shock..AND RAN THE HELL AWAY.
    No way! I did exactly the same thing when I was on a ferry once. The bloke didn't point out to me that he wasn't actually my dad - scary. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    One time I went up to some man in a shop and just ..held his hand. I thought it was my dad.

The git played along, and waited ages until I looked up at him, got a shock..AND RAN THE HELL AWAY.
    he couldnt believe his luck. he thought he was on to having a willing abductee!

ReputationRep:
    I had a moment when I came back from the christmas holidays, having not spoken to any of them since I went home, there was only one of them back when I got back, and she asked me how my christmas was...I replied "oh the usual, nothing special, how was yours?" and she said "well not so good, my dad died 3 days before christmas day"...I didn't quite know what to say

ReputationRep:
    I KNOW! the absolute twit just stood there and let me cuddle into him.

Now, I'm pretty sure if some kid came sidling up to me, i'd let them knw of their mistake instead of languishing it.
    I walked about a hundred yards holding this guy's hand.

It makes you wonder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    I walked about a hundred yards holding this guy's hand.

It makes you wonder...
    soho?

ReputationRep:
    The situation you described isnt really putting your foot in it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    soho?
    No - the Channel.

We were on our way to France on a ferry. (He was a Brit though I am pretty sure).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    No - the Channel.

We were on our way to France on a ferry. (He was a Brit though I am pretty sure).
    ok...i believe you

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.