Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I have my final interview on Tuesday. It has taken ages to get to this stage. I submitted my application on the 7th of August, had my first interview on the 8th of October or so, and my final on the 11th of November. I am applying to Entrepreneurial Business (Audit based) in a regional office. I have been reading a lot about Deloitte, interview tips, have been checking newspapers, and the current economic situation. I also attended an information evening hosted by Deloitte where I approached a partner and had a long chat about the final interview. I will also be practicing the e tray exercise on the internet tomorrow.

I'm just wondering what are the chances of failing the final interview, how many people fail it... especially if they feel they are well prepared. I think I did pretty well in the first round interview and believe I could do well in the final assessment day… but still… I'm an international student and have only applied to KPMG but failed their tests. I know I've risked it by not applying for back up options but the thought of having to go through all the process again really overwhelms me... as at the time I'm also finishing my PhD.

Any advice or words of encouragement would be most appreciated.

THANKS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triciclo)
    Hello,

Any advice or words of encouragement would be most appreciated.

THANKS.
    Not sure how up to date this is.

A partner picked me apart at interview, but if you can hold a long conversation, you should be okay and you definitely seem interested.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Better than 50% on average. It seems you are well prepared so you should have a good chance. Ask intelligent questions, relax and just make yourself seem like you would fit in with the rest of the practice.

They'll be looking for reasons why they shouldn't hire you, as oppose to why they did in the first stages of the process. Personality will be more of an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for your answers. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Had my final assesment tomorrow and I just got a call from the partner who interviewed me offering me a possition. I'm over the moon!!! I will write a long post later on with my experience...

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triciclo)
    Had my final assesment tomorrow and I just got a call from the partner who interviewed me offering me a possition. I'm over the moon!!! I will write a long post later on with my experience...

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM, really.
    Well done!

I look forward to reading your post.

ReputationRep:
    Is it Deloitte Cambridge you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    No... a different regional office

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.