Chem degree entrance exam / interview prep

Watch this thread
Ephimar
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi all! I'm currently looking to help organise some prep sessions with other year 12s in my college for any entrance exams (and possibly interviews if we can find good questions). I just wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions for what kind of content we could cover, as aside from past papers from sources like the NSAA I'm not sure where we could find questions of the right difficulty? Also, aside from the NSAA I'm not sure if there are any other chemistry degrees that require an exam?
Thank you for any help!!
Anon-ymous
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ephimar)
Hi all! I'm currently looking to help organise some prep sessions with other year 12s in my college for any entrance exams (and possibly interviews if we can find good questions). I just wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions for what kind of content we could cover, as aside from past papers from sources like the NSAA I'm not sure where we could find questions of the right difficulty? Also, aside from the NSAA I'm not sure if there are any other chemistry degrees that require an exam?
Thank you for any help!!
Hello there. I'm a chemistry undergraduate student. Previously, Oxford required students to take the TSA admissions test but I've checked and it is no longer a requirement. Happy to help u if u need anything
Fibonacci28
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
The other thing I did for the NSAA was UKMT maths challenges because you have to do a maths segment and it helped with some of the out of the box thinking you needed. My other recommendation for extended chemistry practice questions is the chemistry Olympiad questions.

I haven't found another course that requires a chemistry entrance exam.
Anon-ymous
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Fibonacci28)
The other thing I did for the NSAA was UKMT maths challenges because you have to do a maths segment and it helped with some of the out of the box thinking you needed. My other recommendation for extended chemistry practice questions is the chemistry Olympiad questions.

I haven't found another course that requires a chemistry entrance exam.
I agree, especially with the chemistry Olympiad Qs bc these r some undergrad Qs and help prep for interviews (mainly Oxford from my own experience). Other unis will ask you about stuff u put in your personal statement (Imperial). At least that's from my own experience. Above all, make sure u k the A level content properly (obviously)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (156)
40.84%
They're exactly what I expected (95)
24.87%