Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notebooksecrets)

Lol, I can't wait to see your enthusiam drop like an iron in a lake next year :p:
    Goodness, Katie! You and me start to sound like quite the bitter and jaded second years nowadays, don't we :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_inept_one)
    Goodness, Katie! You and me start to sound like quite the bitter and jaded second years nowadays, don't we :p:
    I think I wear it well :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Wait until you're a 4th year French & German'er

I like Warwick and I'm glad I came here, didn't bother going to its open day, just turned up n everything was fine. Lucky me hehe.

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris1479)
    Wait until you're a 4th year French & German'er

I like Warwick and I'm glad I came here, didn't bother going to its open day, just turned up n everything was fine. Lucky me hehe.

Chris

Oh God - so fourth year French really is as horrific as I've been told it is?!

Not looking forward to next year!!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno - it's all relative, if u were to join in a 4th year lesson now - yeah you'd **** your pants and cry. But give it 3 years? Hell yeh.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm a third year :P Hopefully it'll be ok!

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that we will be able to view accomodation on Open Days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotic_dancer)
    Do you think that we will be able to view accomodation on Open Days?
    Hey, I went to an Open Day last year to decide where to apply and there were some guided tours to show the accommodation. Warwick Open Day is really great you get a real feeling of the campus and the university.
    There should be some information about the upcoming Open Days on the Website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fg08)
    Hey, I went to an Open Day last year to decide where to apply and there were some guided tours to show the accommodation. Warwick Open Day is really great you get a real feeling of the campus and the university.
    There should be some information about the upcoming Open Days on the Website.
    Hey, thanks! Is this departmental open days or just general open days?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks! Is this departmental open days or just general open days?
    I'm not sure about that, I went to a general Open Day but I think its possible to have a look at the accommodation even if they dont have an official tour. Just ask the admission team or the student union

ReputationRep:
    i went to an open day and got a good view of the accomodation whereas on the departmental open day we just saw it from the outside...

ReputationRep:
    Glad I got my warwick offer. Really loved it at open day. But I haven't gone to a departmental day ..Stupidly..

ReputationRep:
    Question for current students, What are lectures for languages like? are they only spoken in the language or are they more to do with cultural aspects?

ReputationRep:
    Question for current students, What are lectures for languages like? are they only spoken in the language or are they more to do with cultural aspects?
    For each language in the first year you have one language module and one cultural module. Both are taught in English. The former concentrates on points of grammar, which are gone over in your language seminar, and the latter does not focus on language whatsoever but the content / context of the literature / film / history etc in question.

Come to think of it, German doesn't have a language lecture but large language classes - for these we have an exercise set for homework each week (e.g. to translate a passage) which are gone through in the class. Finer grammatical points are covered in the small language class, with around 8 people, where we tend to go through the grammar workbook doing exercises.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the open day that was on about a fortnight ago?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the open day that was on about a fortnight ago?
    i enjoyed it i was looking forward to seeing who could potentially be on my course next year, and i was surprised to see how few candidates there were for French Studies, the majority were combined or joint degrees. and i was grateful I had already seen the accomodation as there was not really a chance to look round it due to it being term time etc...

ReputationRep:
    hello fellow warwick language learners! i just put warwick as my firm last night so getting abit excited about it all now lol doing french with beginners italian... anyone else?
    not looking forward to accomodation choices tho, seen as i have only been on a departmental day, so have had a lovely look at the buildings but not the rooms which is a bit pointless and annoying, dont see why they couldnt have sorted out a couple of rooms for us to see but ill cope im sure, anyone who has seen them got ideas where they want to go??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamartini)
    hello fellow warwick language learners! i just put warwick as my firm last night so getting abit excited about it all now lol doing french with beginners italian... anyone else?
    Woo, awesome choice

Any questions, feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musical_moose)
    Woo, awesome choice

Any questions, feel free to ask!
    i guess thts wt u do then? enjoy it? did u start italian at beginner level? if yer was it hard to start it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris1479)
    I dunno - it's all relative, if u were to join in a 4th year lesson now - yeah you'd **** your pants and cry. But give it 3 years? Hell yeh.

oh dear lord I'm going into 4th year in October too. Having spent the year in Munich I don't think I'm going to score any points with Duclaude answering her questions with a "...wie bitte?"...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2009

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.