Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do/would you eat hotdogs from a tin? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to eat them as a kid, but everytime I did I would throw up afterwards.
    I learnt my lesson fast.

These days, I much prefer meat free hotdogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    I know, which makes them all the more jucier.

Tinned meat is rank tbh, just look at Spam.
    Spam is great! if you were older you'd understand.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, cheap hotdogs aren't the nicest food but they can give cheap, meaty, bulk to a cheap, crappy, student meal.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed...I'm having some tonight :coma:

ReputationRep:
    :puke:
    They're horrible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vickyy)
    I like them. But then again I often seem to prefer cheap, rubbish, plain food to the 'good' stuff.
    :five:

Yay someone else who is like me!

When I read about some peoples eating habits on here, I always imagine them having waiters and being served caviar (the only fancy food I can think of...) every day of the week. I just can't believe how silly some people are with food - there is nothing wrong with tinned stuff!

We rarely have proper meat in my house due to how expensive it is, so maybe my opinion is a bit biased, but tinned 'rubbish' food ftw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    Spam is great! if you were older you'd understand.
    Have you ever seen Monty Python? Put me off for life, not to mention that I had a couple of gristly tins once :puke:

(Original post by Democracy)
    Indeed...I'm having some tonight :coma:
    I need to come round your house right now. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Nah. The real thing isn't exactly expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I love these tinned hotdogs :p: It's the only way I'll eat hotdogs as I hate normal (i.e. real meat) sausages with a passion. Just tinned hotdogs on hotdog rolls with fried onions :coma:

Damn, I really want one now. Will have to go shopping tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever seen Monty Python? Put me off for life, not to mention that I had a couple of gristly tins once :puke:

Not in years and mainly the movies.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, hot dogs at Democracy's house!

Don't exactly know how I'll introduce you to my parents, but meh, "oh hi mum, these are some people off the internet who'll be sharing dinner with us tonight".

ReputationRep:
    No Herta frankfurters you get in the chilled aisles are of a completely different and superior range... they're actually nice and better quality. I loves them.
    Tin hotdogs are just evil, I like corned beef, but these things should just be banned.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, hot dogs at Democracy's house!

Don't exactly know how I'll introduce you to my parents, but meh, "oh hi mum, these are some people off the internet who'll be sharing dinner with us tonight".
    You'll have to come up to Camden next week.

"Yeah, guys, this is Democracy, he's off the internet, don't know his real name, but meh!"

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to come up to Camden next week.

"Yeah, guys, this is Democracy, he's off the internet, don't know his real name, but meh!"
    I somehow think it'll be a lot less awkward introducing randomers off the net to your flatmates than to parents :p: But yeah, tomorrow when I'm back in Halls, feel free to swing by and we can go Herta crazy :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I practically live off these sausages, and Super Noodles

ReputationRep:
    I quite like them occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    I somehow think it'll be a lot less awkward introducing randomers off the net to your flatmates than to parents :p: But yeah, tomorrow when I'm back in Halls, feel free to swing by and we can go Herta crazy :awesome:
    We need to start a Frankfurter appreciation society. :yep:

Hopefully we can expand the appeal outside of London!

ReputationRep:

Tinned meat is rank tbh, just look at Spam.
    less of the spam bashing please. I like a spam and brown sauce sandwich or some spam fritters. I will be the guardian of tinned meat the world over. Corned beef, pek chopped pork, the list continues!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJFarmer)
    I feel slightly ashamed to say I think they're quite nice after seeing you say what's in them (although I guess I already knew, just decided it ignore it).

Dw, I love them. I buy them every week when I do my weekly shop. I always thought that all sausages, not only hot dog ones have stuff like that in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owl1867)
    less of the spam bashing please. I like a spam and brown sauce sandwich
    Are you Northern out of interest?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.