Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do/would you eat hotdogs from a tin? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to as a child before I understood what mechanically recovered chicken was :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owl1867)
    less of the spam bashing please. I like a spam and brown sauce sandwich or some spam fritters. I will be the guardian of tinned meat the world over. Corned beef, pek chopped pork, the list continues!
    Monty Python has just owned you.

ReputationRep:
    when you read the ingrediance it makes you feel sick! Mechanically produced \Chicken! what is that?
    YUYKK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Are you Northern out of interest?
    yes, I'm from Sheffield. Are we that easy to spot?

ReputationRep:
    yes, I'm from Sheffield. Are we that easy to spot?
    If you know the symptoms to watch out for

ReputationRep:
    No, unless that's what hotdog vendors sell most likely!).

ReputationRep:
    less of the spam bashing please. I like a spam and brown sauce sandwich or some spam fritters. I will be the guardian of tinned meat the world over. Corned beef, pek chopped pork, the list continues!
    You = awesome. It's nice to see a sensible person in this thread at last!

Corned beef :love: Especially good with beans and mash potato *drools*

ReputationRep:
    I liked corned beef though too! Mmmm, corned beef omelette with baked beans and plantain! YUM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London271)
    when you read the ingrediance it makes you feel sick! Mechanically produced \Chicken! what is that?
    YUYKK
    It's connective tissue on bones that they get of the bones with a pressure water gun. Like stringy muscly bits you would throw away if you normally had chicken. Yum, now eat up!

ReputationRep:
    The Princes tinned ones are disgusting. Hot dogs from a jar are usually quite nice though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexicle89)
    mostly rusk and mechainicaly recovered meat (i.e constructive tissue from bones etc)
    I actually think they're alright, and they're v. cheap and light compared to most sausages. However having just read the above sentence, I don't think I will ever eat them again. I mean, I knew they weren't 'normal' sausage meat, but tissue and bones? *shudder*

ReputationRep:
    i absoloutley hate them. they've been my "worst food" for as long as I can remember...ever since I had one from ikea and i was sick afterwards...blerh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by collegedropout)
    i absoloutley hate them. they've been my "worst food" for as long as I can remember...ever since I had one from ikea and i was sick afterwards...blerh.
    You poor deprived soul - the hot dogs at the end of a trip to Ikea are your reward as a child for putting up with looking at mass produced swedish minimalist furniture for 2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I used to eat them when I was younger. A couple of weeks ago I was out with my dad and he said 'God, I can't eat hot dogs anymore!'. When I asked him why, he pointed out the list of ingredients... Now I can't bring myself to eat hot dogs at all :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    You poor deprived soul - the hot dogs at the end of a trip to Ikea are your reward as a child for putting up with looking at mass produced swedish minimalist furniture for 2 hours.
    i know i know, even now after the long gruelling journey around ikea i often think, hmm shall i have a hot dog...maybe i do like them.. but no i tried it once and almost puked again :/ i hate the smell and everything now. uhhchhhfouikwejfowmgf. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people have a fear of mechanically removed meat. Yes, it's tendons, skin and other bits, but it's reconstituted into something that some people enjoy the taste of. If you like the taste, why would you not eat it? There is nothing scary about offal or other animal parts. And it's good to use every part of an animal.

Although, personally, I despise the artifical sweet smokey smell of hot dogs, and thus don't eat them.

ReputationRep:
    No, but id eat a hotdoginnabun

ok that was a badly done Terry Pratchett joke.

I shall take my leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    I don't understand why people have a fear of mechanically removed meat. Yes, it's tendons, skin and other bits, but it's reconstituted into something that some people enjoy the taste of. If you like the taste, why would you not eat it? There is nothing scary about offal or other animal parts. And it's good to use every part of an animal.

Although, personally, I despise the artifical sweet smokey smell of hot dogs, and thus don't eat them.
    I suppose in a way it's good that every useable part of the animal is being used in some way. It's what the native Americans do when they kill a buffalo - use every single bit!

ReputationRep:
    I used to love those hot dogs when I was younger but never straight from the tin, I'd microwave them, not for too long as they'd explode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vickyy)
    I like them. But then again I often seem to prefer cheap, rubbish, plain food to the 'good' stuff.
    This. :yep:

Those hot dogs are lush. I could eat some right now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.