Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey its my birthday soon was wondering what other ppl have done for their 18th was gonna have a party but dont think many ppl will b able 2 make it due to half term but what other things could i do apart from bowling, sk8ting, paint balling and go karting?

ReputationRep:
    ermmmmmmm nothing for my 18th. Just another day in the year

ReputationRep:
    Went to a bar with some friends and then had a dinner at a restaurant in Covent Garden with a group of friends for school... I wouldn't worry to much about half-term and friends not being able to come, because i thought that initially because most of my friends all had A2 exams, however because they're such great friends, they all (except one) managed to come, even if that meant they couldn't revise!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go out for my dinner with my family then I'm going to the pub then clubbing it into early hours of the morning + pull as many HOTT guyz as poss

ReputationRep:
    most people i know so far have had parties, ranging from full blown to meal and cocktail party with group of friends (which was a laugh). If you're really stuck just revert to what most people do, pub and clubbing!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to take a pinata to college with me. And having a little party (with poker) in the back of my film lesson.

ReputationRep:
    For the whole month of September, I was going out eating in restaurants on Friday or Saturday to see all the different factions-my friends from work, friends from school, mum's family and dad's family. I don't think I put weight on but I wouldn't be surprised at a few pounds!

ReputationRep:
    We had a murder mystery dinner party thing and got all dressed up in our 1940s gear and stuff. If only I hadn't been slightly tipsy and played the tape revealing the murderer before everyone had guessed...

ReputationRep:
    I went on a geog fieldtrip the week b4 my bday (got back the evening b4) - wot fun (was pretty good actually, had a great laugh). Had lots of meals and general going out planned for the following wkend, but....had to go to school and work on my 18th, got home felt ill, by 7:30pm had been sick and was in bed at 8:00pm. Was sick the rest of the night and ill for the following week - all plans cancelled and my teachers thought i was simply hungover

ReputationRep:
    I did it in a jacuzzi showroom for my 18th.

Whoops.

ReputationRep:
    i went out for a meal with my folks and brother like every birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    I did it in a jacuzzi showroom for my 18th.

Whoops.
    You did it in a jacuzzi showroom? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    You did it in a jacuzzi showroom? :eek:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Erm... classy!
    I take it only close friends were invited?

ReputationRep:
    Erm... classy!
    I take it only close friends were invited?
    Well it was my birthday treat from one particular person

ReputationRep:
    Well it was my birthday treat from one particular person
    Ah, most kind of them.

You could always do something similar - I hear DFS have some good sales going on in their showrooms at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, most kind of them.

You could always do something similar - I hear DFS have some good sales going on in their showrooms at the moment.
    Nah sofas are boring, prefer something new :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Nah sofas are boring, prefer something new :cool:
    Damn, I thought DFS was beds. :rolleyes:
    Well I am sure you'll think of something before your 19th.

ReputationRep:
    I actually had 2 parties for my 18th!! The president of the UAE (where i am) died a couple of days before my birthday, so we had to keep it seriously down unless we wanted to get arested and deported. but i still had a samll party, still got quite wasted! I had my serious party a couple of weeks later when it was alright for us to make as much nopise as we can! I don't remember much of that night!!

ReputationRep:
    My 18th was on a Friday. I went out and got wasted with my mates. But... when I was 17/18 I went out and got wasted every Friday... so it was just like any other week except I didn't pay for my own drinks.

18th's I've been to include massive pub crawls, huge parties in hired halls, quiet dinner parties, and a james-bond themed surprise cocktail party at someones house. I don't recommend that last one though - the girl who hosted it's house was a bomb site the next day. I was roped into helping try to clean up. Grenadine DOES NOT come out of cream coloured carpets :eek:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.