The Student Room Group

student finance

hello,

I tried to find the answer to my question online but was a bit confused, so any help will be appreciated.

I'm currently in my last year of a three-year undergrad. It, however, looks like I will fail my dissertation and one module of my course. I think my uni will let me retake these by themselves next academic year.

1. so will student finance loan me the cost to retake? or will they only help if you retake all modules?
2. I think there is some funding by student finance for masters, will retaking a year affect this?

thank you 😊
Reply 1
Original post by Happyfeet13183
hello,

I tried to find the answer to my question online but was a bit confused, so any help will be appreciated.

I'm currently in my last year of a three-year undergrad. It, however, looks like I will fail my dissertation and one module of my course. I think my uni will let me retake these by themselves next academic year.

1. so will student finance loan me the cost to retake? or will they only help if you retake all modules?
2. I think there is some funding by student finance for masters, will retaking a year affect this?

thank you 😊

I guess it depends why you failed. If it was due to personal reasons outside of your control (e.g mental health, other illness, family bereavement, that sort of thing) then you could apply for Compelling Personal Reasons to get the year funded again. To do this, you'd need evidence to support the application from someone who knows your circumstances and a covering letter explaining what happened. This shouldn't affect your Master's loan at all as it's assessed entirely separately, so nothing you do in Undergraduate will affect your eligibility for that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending