Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    He's dead now, but I'm really pissed off with the council. In my area there is a small section in which the council allocates homes to old people.

My other neighbour is a childminder, so for him I bet it was christmas every f***ing day. How can the council be so stupid and inconsiderate?

EDIT: He was a child molester

ReputationRep:
    I think worrying about him now is pointless - you're probably right in feeling a little peeved, though.

However, how do you isolate someone from children in society without imprisoning them?

ReputationRep:
    Why, did he abuse anyone when he was living next door to you?

I mean, the whole 'I knew there was something odd about him' sounds like an accusation of witchcraft from the 17th century.

ReputationRep:
    look on the bright side. one less pedophile in this country.

ReputationRep:
    creepy
    is that michael jackson in your pic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemnem)
    creepy
    is that michael jackson in your pic?
    Lol but MJ wasn't convicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shake 'n Bake)
    He's dead now, but I'm really pissed off with the council. In my area there is a small section in which the council allocates homes to old people.

I knew there was something wrong with him and actually thought he may be a pedofile but to actually find out I was right, made my blood run cold.

My other neighbour is a childminder, so for him I bet it was christmas every f***ing day. How can the council be so stupid and inconsiderate?
    learn how to SPELL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    I think worrying about him now is pointless - you're probably right in feeling a little peeved, though.

However, how do you isolate someone from children in society without imprisoning them?
    I don't know but we should've at least been warned. My neighbour believe this could potentially ruin her career if this gets out.

ReputationRep:
    pedofile
    Paedophile

Sorry, just found that annoying.

Whether you like it or not, he had anonymity. Also, he's dead and it doesn't really matter now.

This could potentially ruin my neighbours career if this gets out.
    No it can't, stop talking nonsense. How?

ReputationRep:
    Arghh scaryy **** :/

ReputationRep:

I knew there was something wrong with him and actually thought he may be a pedofile but to actually find out I was right, made my blood run cold.

Presumably, since he wasn't in prison, any crime had been punished as per the laws of the land.

Why is it that child abuse (assuming that you're grossly misusing the word paedophile and not advocating thought crime) is put up on a pedestal and all of the freedoms which people cry about get shoved to one side? Child abuser or not, the law of the land clearly had nothing further to say on the matter and the council had absolutely no obligation to play folk justice.

ReputationRep:
    how did you find out he was a paedophile ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Paedophile

what a stupid comment.

ReputationRep:
    and if you feel so stongly on the subject is your avatar of bloody michael jackson? jesus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    He put the evil eye on the children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misswilliams)
    and if you feel so stongly on the subject is your avatar of bloody michael jackson? jesus.

please state the convictions against Michael Jackson......

ReputationRep:
    I dont see how its the councils fault... wherever they rehoused him, he would still have been just as much of a threat and there would most probably have been children around as well.

Plus the guys dead... no matter what he did in life (which as far as youve said was nothing to harm you) we should respect the dead.

ReputationRep:
    oh no, you spelt paedophile wrong, prepare to be leeched by the TSR spelling society.

on another note, just be glad they did catch him, there are plenty who aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Gives you the motivation to go out and earn enough to live somewhere where only the market decides who lives there and the council has no input.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If he was such a threat to society, they wouldn't have placed him there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.