Turn on thread page Beta

I just found out my neighbour was a paedophile watch

ReputationRep:
    I saw the first post and thought my neighbours thought I was dead.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, did he do anything about his preferences? I'm guessing not as you haven't stated it. Get over your ill informed ignorance and have some bloody respect for the dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    pedofile, peadophile, PDF... meh

this is an informal forum so who cares if you spell it wrong. at least it sounds and looks like peadophile. OP could have said "peedoyfile" :rolleyes:
    Meh, doesn't matter at all, I was just wondering why it seems to be a commonly misspelled word. I'm trying to avoid working so even grammar is a suitable distraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.T)
    I'm not surprised people rack up warnings quickly with people like you moderating.
    :laugh: You have no idea how I moderate and, if you did, you wouldn't think that I don't think this is appropriate discussion though so think I'll leave it at this.

ReputationRep:
    A rapist used to live next to me He got caught and is in prison now, though.

To be fair, I doubt either were very blatant with their crimes to their respective councils :shifty: It's brilliant when they get caught, but can't really blame the council

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingspek)
    Erm, did he do anything about his preferences? I'm guessing not as you haven't stated it. Get over your ill informed ignorance and have some bloody respect for the dead.
    Exactly, anyway, I've going back to watch the Simpsons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    :laugh: You have no idea how I moderate and, if you did, you wouldn't think that I don't think this is appropriate discussion though so think I'll leave it at this.
    I just got 2 point warning for saying a word that is not a swear word, and it was on this forum you moderate.

ReputationRep:
    With all this hype about paedophiles, I would have thought people could spell the word by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.T)
    I just got 2 point warning for saying a word that is not a swear word, and it was on this forum you moderate.
    Erm....I don't moderate this subforum. The University subforums are my responsibility, I'm afraid. If you have an issue with it (or any of your other warnings) take it up in Ask a Mod.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.T)
    If you have a problem take it to AAM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shake 'n Bake)
    He's dead now, but I'm really pissed off with the council. In my area there is a small section in which the council allocates homes to old people.

I knew there was something wrong with him and actually thought he may be a pedofile but to actually find out I was right, made my blood run cold.

My other neighbour is a childminder, so for him I bet it was christmas every f***ing day. How can the council be so stupid and inconsiderate?
    How was your council inconsiderate? Was he convicted? If so, he'd have served his time.

Even if he was convicted, he has a right to live where he wants. Introduction of laws revealing paedophile's location's is a bad idea in my opinion. It forces them underground, and makes it impossible for them to reintegrate into society.

In the last paedophile thread I posted in, I got about 30 neg reps for suggesting that lynching a paedophile was a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    It's River, dear.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    looks like a troll thread since op has mj avatar.:troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    oh no, you spelt paedophile wrong, prepare to be leeched by the TSR spelling society.

on another note, just be glad they did catch him, there are plenty who aren't.
    This reminds me of that brasseye: "...whilst crimes we know nothing about are spiraling out of control".

ReputationRep:
    you should get a warning for hijacking:rolleyes:

keep it on topic, or PM, yeah *gets sass on*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shake 'n Bake)
    He's dead now, but I'm really pissed off with the council. In my area there is a small section in which the council allocates homes to old people.

I knew there was something wrong with him and actually thought he may be a pedofile but to actually find out I was right, made my blood run cold.

My other neighbour is a childminder, so for him I bet it was christmas every f***ing day. How can the council be so stupid and inconsiderate?
    That's interesting, what paedophile signals did he give off? :eek:

I do actually agree with you, it seems incredibly silly and unecessary to put a convicted paedophile 2 doors down from a child minder. Even if they believe that he's not a threat and all that, it's an unnecessary risk and if word got out it would of course deter parents from using that child minder.

ReputationRep:
    When I moved primary school in Year 6 apparently there was a swimming teacher who was a paedo, and had been sacked the year before I moved there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    That's interesting, what paedophile signals did he give off? :eek:

I do actually agree with you, it seems incredibly silly and unecessary to put a convicted paedophile 2 doors down from a child minder. Even if they believe that he's not a threat and all that, it's an unnecessary risk and if word got out it would of course deter parents from using that child minder.
    A convicted child abuser perhaps, but the man has done nothing wrong if he's just a pedophile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    A convicted child abuser perhaps, but the man has done nothing wrong if he's just a pedophile.
    Yeah ok I would agree with that, I just thought that it would be unlikely that the OP would know he's a paedo unless he's been caught either molesting children or watching CP? Hm maybe the OP will tell us how she knows he is a paedophile..

It would be something to be annoyed about if we had Megan's Law or something similar but as it is he had the same right to live a normal, law-abiding life as any other criminal who has done their sentence. For all you know he could have been convicted of having sex with a 15 year old when he was 19 as much as he could have done for raping a child.

How did you find out he was a paedophile?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.