Turn on thread page Beta

I just found out my neighbour was a paedophile watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    shake it bake, this thread has been hijacked by the TSR liberal left brigade . They seem to have a large majority on this site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shake 'n Bake)
    Michael Jackson isn't a paedophile though :confused:
    I know he isn't.

Change your avatar to a different picture of him, will you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    thats what I've been saying.

yeah this was why I was using the comparisons, because of this contrast, and that if they could feel protective over something that alot of people wouldn't have a problem with, imagine how they'd feel if their girl's admirer was a paedophile.
    Oh ok! Fine I agree with you then.
    I dunno if it was you who questioned how we'd react if a paedo asked 'would you mind if I masturbated over your child?' but yes, that would make me uncomfortable/angry. If I knew a paedo was next door, I might think he was doing so anyway, but I'd probably pretend it wasn't happening for my sanity! That would be my reaction even though there actually isn't anything wrong that the paedo's doing.
    It's all a matter of desire, really. If I found out some hot guy was thinking about me in bed, I'd probably be chuffed. If it was some ugly, old, slimy guy, I'd get uncomfortable, but why have I suddenly decided masturbating over me is wrong? Simply put, it's because I don't want the second guy or to be desired by the guy, in the same way, I wouldn't want a paedo for my child or my child to be desired by a paedo.
    As long as he is only seeing my child in a public place, not taking the image of my child into his home privately (i.e. taking pics), not using dishonesty to see my child (i.e. peeping/hidden cameras) and not touching my child, he's really not doing anything wrong as masturbating isn't wrong, it's just me that's uncomfortable. [/essay! :p: ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingspek)
    You're not in that situation that she gave me; you're not a parent.
    I was referring to my neighbour who is a childminder and who is a parent.
    Anyway we are not going to agree

I think he shouldn't have been housed near a childminder, but you think it's ok

I think she should've been warned as he could pose a threat to the children and her business, you don't.

I am think about the safety of the children you think I am closed minded.

Lets just leave it at that and call it a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.T)
    shake it bake, this thread has been hijacked by the TSR liberal left brigade . They seem to have a large majority on this site.
    lol, you mean free thinkers? Then yes, I'm glad we "hijacked" it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    I know he isn't.

Change your avatar to a different picture of him, will you.
    Why? What's wrong with this one?

ReputationRep:
    Why? What's wrong with this one?
    It's not a very... Nice one is it?

Change it to one of him from his Bad/Dangerous tours. (Google Image it)
    He looks alright during them times.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but we should've at least been warned. My neighbour believe this could potentially ruin her career if this gets out.
    Yeah, I can see it now;

Person 1: "Don't send your kids there! A paedophile used to live next door!"
    Person 2: "Oh my god! Really?!.. Wait, what do you mean 'used to'?"
    Person 1: "Oh, he's dead now."
    Person 2: "So erm, why should I care?"
    Person 1: "Er.. Ermm... Er.."

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's not a very... Nice one is it?

Change it to one of him from his Bad/Dangerous tours. (Google Image it)
    He looks alright during them times.
    You mean the one where he's kinda mixed race looking and he has curly hair?

ReputationRep:
    You mean the one where he's kinda mixed race looking and he has curly hair?
    Yes. He was looking his best during then, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparxy)
    Yeah, I can see it now;

Person 1: "Don't send your kids there! A paedophile used to live next door!"
    Person 2: "Oh my god! Really?!.. Wait, what do you mean 'used to'?"
    Person 1: "Oh, he's dead now."
    Person 2: "So erm, why should I care?"
    Person 1: "Er.. Ermm... Er.."

:rolleyes:
    I'm gonna be honest I felt the same thing. My neighbours freak out about everything. They are the type to cross the road if they see a black man approach them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. He was looking his best during then, in my opinion.
    You're right. I would change it but I'm not a sub anymore so the pic would be ultra small.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Oh ok! Fine I agree with you then.
    I dunno if it was you who questioned how we'd react if a paedo asked 'would you mind if I masturbated over your child?' but yes, that would make me uncomfortable/angry. If I knew a paedo was next door, I might think he was doing so anyway, but I'd probably pretend it wasn't happening for my sanity! That would be my reaction even though there actually isn't anything wrong that the paedo's doing.
    It's all a matter of desire, really. If I found out some hot guy was thinking about me in bed, I'd probably be chuffed. If it was some ugly, old, slimy guy, I'd get uncomfortable, but why have I suddenly decided masturbating over me is wrong? Simply put, it's because I don't want the second guy or to be desired by the guy, in the same way, I wouldn't want a paedo for my child or my child to be desired by a paedo.
    As long as he is only seeing my child in a public place, not taking the image of my child into his home privately (i.e. taking pics), not using dishonesty to see my child (i.e. peeping/hidden cameras) and not touching my child, he's really not doing anything wrong as masturbating isn't wrong, it's just me that's uncomfortable. [/essay! :p: ]
    yeah it was and yeah I agree with you.

but then there's the question of how uncomfortable you are about it. in the situation where you know of a paedophile in the area, and are uncomfortable with the possiblity that he masturbates over your child, (say if you knew they walk past his house every weekday for school), would you be uncomfortable enough to make your child take a different route, or if living next door, move house? I'm not sure how uncomfortable I'd feel. I think I would be tempted to move if I lived next door, purely because he'll surely know my child quite well/ see her face more often than most, and there could be the possibility that he has sexual thoughts about my child.
    ..hmm I dunno really, hopefully I'm never in that situation!

ReputationRep:
    You're right. I would change it but I'm not a sub anymore so the pic would be ultra small.
    Subscribe again then? Or don't have an avatar for the time being..

ReputationRep:
    Subscribe again then? Or don't have an avatar for the time being..
    Wow you feel that strongly about the pic? Why don't you sub me then...?

ReputationRep:
    There used to be one who lived across the road from me. He took pictures of us years ago, through his window when we were having a waterfight. After parents complained he wrote the village a letter saying he was "testing out a new camera." Yeah, sure he was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingspek)
    lol, you mean free thinkers? Then yes, I'm glad we "hijacked" it.
    lmfao, "free thinkers". epic.

ReputationRep:
    Wow you feel that strongly about the pic? Why don't you sub me then...?
    I actually would, however my sub is running out at the end of this week and I am totally skint.

Just change it, for the love of Human Nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x=o)
    lmfao, "free thinkers". epic.
    What is so epic about that?

ReputationRep:
    Well OP, you should've invite him to your house on the premise that that you'll squeeze some orange juice for him and then you can take matters from there, diplomatically. Alternatively you could've told him to **** right off.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.