The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University changed modules for the year after me

I’m going into the second year of my degree and the modules I’m taking are not very relevant to my degree. I made a complaint about this in the anonymous module/degree feedback form. I also only have one optional module in my second year. Now looking at the university website the module list has almost completely changed for the year after me including changing the optional modules and adding more in. I don’t see how this is fair, I have to take continuing modules I almost failed in first year as they’re so different to how I think and what I signed up for, but the year after me don’t and we don’t even get told about this. Is there anything I can do about this?
I thought they changed each year?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by gtty123
I thought they changed each year?

They are generally almost always the same as they have the same staff and need to offer the same degree year after year. This is very different and so much better than the sh*t modules they’re offering for my cohort.
Original post by Anonymous
They are generally almost always the same as they have the same staff and need to offer the same degree year after year. This is very different and so much better than the sh*t modules they’re offering for my cohort.

I'd assume it's because changing them for your year would have been unnecessarily complicated.
They’ve also changed the modules for the third year that I’ll be doing and taken out all of the interesting modules for my degree and replaced them with modules not related to my degree. It’s not what I signed up for, Sussex is so bad.
Reply 5
What is your course?
I’m going into the second year of my degree and the modules I’m taking are not very relevant to my degree. I made a complaint about this in the anonymous module/degree feedback form. I also only have one optional module in my second year. Now looking at the university website the module list has almost completely changed for the year after me including changing the optional modules and adding more in. I don’t see how this is fair, I have to take continuing modules I almost failed in first year as they’re so different to how I think and what I signed up for, but the year after me don’t and we don’t even get told about this. Is there anything I can do about this?

They can change it whenever they want to as courses get updated every so often. Occasionally they change so radically that people graduate with a different degree to the one they started on. I saw a post on a different forum where someone started a politics degree but finished with a PPE degree as the course had changed so much.

They’ve also changed the modules for the third year that I’ll be doing and taken out all of the interesting modules for my degree and replaced them with modules not related to my degree. It’s not what I signed up for, Sussex is so bad.

Get used to it. I would transfer universities if you have the chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending