Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which school year was your favourite and why? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which school year was your favourite and why?
    Year 7
    8.43%
    Year 8
    16.29%
    Year 9
    20.79%
    Year 10
    16.29%
    Year 11
    38.20%

ReputationRep:
    Year 11 or 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Year 1. All that glitter (not Gary).
    :rofl:

Year 8, there was nothing to worry about(no exams except CATS but you couldnt revise for that) and it was just really fun.

ReputationRep:
    Year 10, everything just clicked into place.

ReputationRep:
    Year 9 - Only had SATs to worry about. Settled in the school. When in year 7 and 8, everyone kinda hated you. Year 10 and 11, exams start and it gets more stressful.

ReputationRep:
    Year 7!

I was still in middle school, so we were the oldest in the school, never had to do much work, had a great teacher and a great group of friends..
    Life was good.

This year's been good so far too, and last year wasn't bad. No options on the poll for 6th form though..

ReputationRep:
    Year 11. Almost no coursework. Everybody got along, and had a great time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Y10 - just pissed around the whole time and no worries about anything

ReputationRep:
    Year 9. Not so young so that everyone thinks you're babyish, but not too old that you have to do major exams.

Really it's the last year of freedom :p:

Edit: Actually year 11 was pretty good, if you try not to think about the GCSE coursework and all those small details :p: everyone in the year was literally really good friends with eachother. I never encountered any *****iness. We didn't need to lock our lockers because we trusted eachother so well :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nine was the funnest

11 was most memorable

ReputationRep:
    when i refere to "back in the day" it is usually year 9, though sometimes "the day" can be year 11 instead.
    but usually year 9, no worries in the world, world at my feet, pretty much where i can say my life peaked.

ReputationRep:
    year 8, your no longer scared of the teachers, and theres literally no work to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Year 11 - we all made the most of it because we knew we were all going seperate ways, plus we knew secondary school would be over in a matter of months so we were generally happy most days! It was the best year of my life, tons of friends, tons of laughs, the subjects weren't too challenging and I had no responsibilities! I'd love to go back to 2006 just for a day...
    screw a day i would go back to 2003 forever.

ReputationRep:
    year 10 .... my immaturity level went throughthe roof

was a fun year
    snow fights, stealing ice lolly's from the food room, totally abusing the fire entiguisher lol the gd days

ReputationRep:
    Year 11.

Because it meant it was the last year of school, my god I was so happy to leave that **** hole..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    aww, I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs: is everything alright now? have you made any friends now?

and btw lots have said 8 and 11. no one likes 7,9 or 10 that much lol?

Not really, i still have no set people to hang out with, and the people i did talk to a little bit, are more distant from me
    methinks its because i look atrocious
    also i don't drink etc.

ReputationRep:
    Year 10. I'd dropped all the subjects I really hated (Latin, French, Textiles and Music for instance) but didn't have any exams to worry about at the end of the year.

Year 11 was also quite good, but more work.

But Y12 > Y10 > Y11 > Y7-9

ReputationRep:
    year 8

i dossed that year on such a level
    i didn't give in any homework, got a ridiculous amount of detentions but no one really cared.

ReputationRep:
    Year 9, the last year of jokes lessons like Music and Art and Drama lol, had bare jokes in those lessons just ******* about, so yeah that was the last year to really go to school everyday and actually have the mentality of not doing no work and just messing about.

Year 7 and Year 8 were great too.

The thing with Year 10 and 11 was you had no "doss" lessons and had CWK to do and you kind of had to concentrate in class, unlike the first 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    Year 11 deffo. The final year of normal school and it was so fun. Our classes all got split up, so i could escape from my boring form .

Also, all the cool people were still there. Now, all the cool people have left the school and all of these super freaky clever people have taken their place. :cry:.

ReputationRep:
    Year 11.
    Just amazing time of my life.
    Good times, I want to go back so much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.