I have to have a chest Xray....

Watch
This discussion is closed.
jozza
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i had to take my top and bra off and wear a hospital gown thingy when i had my chest x-rayed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
You know better than me I'm sure... but does the underwiring of bras contain metal of any kind?
Yes - you can see it on radiographs if the person was wearing one. But not all bras are underwired...

Eeyore - really don't worry about it. I had lots done once upon a time, but I was only 7, and very very sick at the time, so the bra thing wasn't an issue and I was too ill to be embarassed. I'll probably be done standing up, though they can also take chest ones lying down, and they'll explain it to you if you're nervous and it only takes a minute or two. If they do make you take off your bra, they'll give you a gown, as jozza said. It'll be fine
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Thanks everyone, I'm planning on wearing my top which incorporates a bra, and thus involves no metal whatsoever! :cool:
sparkly_tiara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I just remembered my xray- i had one done of my lower back and i had to remove everything except my knickers and get changed into a hospital gown. You don't change in front of them or anything though and you have the hospital gown on so no one sees anything! Don't worry!

Lou
xxx
glance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Metal doesn't really matter except if you're having an MRI scan
glance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Thanks everyone, I'm planning on wearing my top which incorporates a bra, and thus involves no metal whatsoever! :cool:
Lol, don't worry about it. These people do loads of x-rays everyday, day in day out. I'm sure they've seen everything before- you won't be the first!
technik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
xrays are cool. except the cancer bit
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
just wear a t-shirt?
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by glance)
Lol, don't worry about it. These people do loads of x-rays everyday, day in day out. I'm sure they've seen everything before- you won't be the first!
But what if she is? :eek:
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by glance)
Metal doesn't really matter except if you're having an MRI scan
It won't cause any damage, but it may obscure things that they're looking for, hence why they may wish to remove it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.67%
Take autumn exams (163)
30.02%
Look for a job (19)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.05%
Take a year out (96)
17.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.08%

Watched Threads