Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i had to take my top and bra off and wear a hospital gown thingy when i had my chest x-rayed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    You know better than me I'm sure... but does the underwiring of bras contain metal of any kind?
    Yes - you can see it on radiographs if the person was wearing one. But not all bras are underwired...

Eeyore - really don't worry about it. I had lots done once upon a time, but I was only 7, and very very sick at the time, so the bra thing wasn't an issue and I was too ill to be embarassed. I'll probably be done standing up, though they can also take chest ones lying down, and they'll explain it to you if you're nervous and it only takes a minute or two. If they do make you take off your bra, they'll give you a gown, as jozza said. It'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone, I'm planning on wearing my top which incorporates a bra, and thus involves no metal whatsoever! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I just remembered my xray- i had one done of my lower back and i had to remove everything except my knickers and get changed into a hospital gown. You don't change in front of them or anything though and you have the hospital gown on so no one sees anything! Don't worry!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Metal doesn't really matter except if you're having an MRI scan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Thanks everyone, I'm planning on wearing my top which incorporates a bra, and thus involves no metal whatsoever! :cool:
    Lol, don't worry about it. These people do loads of x-rays everyday, day in day out. I'm sure they've seen everything before- you won't be the first!

ReputationRep:
    xrays are cool. except the cancer bit

(Original post by Eeyore)
    just wear a t-shirt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Lol, don't worry about it. These people do loads of x-rays everyday, day in day out. I'm sure they've seen everything before- you won't be the first!
    But what if she is? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Metal doesn't really matter except if you're having an MRI scan
    It won't cause any damage, but it may obscure things that they're looking for, hence why they may wish to remove it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.