The Student Room Group

A level chemistry yr12 mock

Hi,

I am quite confused. My school does not do AS level exams. So I am having a mock next week on AS topics. The thing that confused me was that we will not get an AS paper. We will get an A2 paper but with. AS style questions. So there is no A2 content. He said that because they are questions from an A2 paper it will be slightly harder.

How does that work? If we are doing an exam on AS topics why would it be slightly harder? It is just a topic. My question is, in a full a level paper (AS and A2 topics included), will the AS questions are harder than if it was in a full AS paper
Reply 1
boost
Original post by vesq
Hi,

I am quite confused. My school does not do AS level exams. So I am having a mock next week on AS topics. The thing that confused me was that we will not get an AS paper. We will get an A2 paper but with. AS style questions. So there is no A2 content. He said that because they are questions from an A2 paper it will be slightly harder.

How does that work? If we are doing an exam on AS topics why would it be slightly harder? It is just a topic. My question is, in a full a level paper (AS and A2 topics included), will the AS questions are harder than if it was in a full AS paper

An A2 paper with AS style questions????? An A2 paper would have A2 style questions, an AS paper will have AS style questions I would presume. I suggest just practicing AS papers as they cant test you on stuff that you dont know

Quick Reply

Latest