Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Has anyone heard back from Goldman for grad roles? Submitted an appl for IBD, nothing thus far....

ReputationRep:
    They are not hiring in general. Only people with specific profiles (languages) for specific teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breitling)
    They are not hiring in general. Only people with specific profiles (languages) for specific teams.
    yes, our career office said so as well. I applied ages ago, don't suppose I'll hear from them...

ReputationRep:
    I have not got any response for Technology graduate role.

ReputationRep:
    Just received an e-mail from GS. It says that vacancies are now filled by summer interns .

ReputationRep:
    yep got rej'd today for securities grad 2009, all filled by 08 interns, no surprises there, heard from a new hire that for 09 securities they need to fill just 2 or 3 places with very specific requirements e.g. languages

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got turned down by IBD as yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UglyDuckling)
    Just received an e-mail from GS. It says that vacancies are now filled by summer interns .
    What division was this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielJ)
    What division was this?
    London - Trading.

ReputationRep:
    I receieved that email as well, i applied for Opps, it basically said they had hired interns and had the numbers they needed, wasnt really a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    what was it then? an acceptance?

ReputationRep:
    ^haha harsh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by movintoofast2)
    what was it then? an acceptance?
    No it was saying they dont have any space in simple terms for ppl like you who dont understand english. Look up dictionary.com for defintions of acceptance and rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartofengland)
    No it was saying they dont have any space in simple terms for ppl like you who dont understand english. Look up dictionary.com for defintions of acceptance and rejection.
    You applied, they didn't want you.

You were unsuccessful with your application.

Hence, rejection.

ReputationRep:
    [REJECTED]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    You applied, they didn't want you.

You were unsuccessful with your application.

Hence, rejection.
    yes cos they werent taking on anyone even if i had been tony blair they computer would have automatically sent out tht email, its probably hard for u to understand but its different from being rejected as u dont meet their criteria.

ReputationRep:
    yes cos they werent taking on anyone even if i had been tony blair they computer would have automatically sent out tht email, its probably hard for u to understand but its different from being rejected as u dont meet their criteria.
    I understand what you are saying, but you have still failed to succeed in getting to the next stage.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, different, but still a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    I understand what you are saying, but you have still failed to succeed in getting to the next stage.
    In a literal sense yes!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.