Architecture or Philosophy and Religion?

Watch this thread
Lucyannru
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello! I know that this is another question that is really down to me to decide, but I was looking for some insight from people that are/have studied these degrees. I like that they both have a strong human connection. I think that architecture seems obviously more practical and grounded, which I needed in order to be connected and not get pulled away from the purpose of things. Philosophy and religion is also incredibly useful in a less concrete way, but I don't know how far that would take me in terms of actually having many freedoms outside of the course. What was your experience in a very simple primary way when studying them? I obviously want to choose what makes me feel curious and not dead inside- I can see how both could go either way. I know that it's also very much down to which course and which university, so please tell me of an positive experiences. Thank you so much.
Picnicl
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Warning - Philosophy at degree level can seem like doing a maths degree. In either year 1 or 2, you'll do logic and notation. Philosophy at A Level is lovely though.
KhaoticCarnage
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Picnicl)
Warning - Philosophy at degree level can seem like doing a maths degree. In either year 1 or 2, you'll do logic and notation. Philosophy at A Level is lovely though.
this depends on the university, i’ll be studying philosophy & ethics with law, and my course doesn’t focus on mathematics at all. sure it involves some logic, but philosophy is all about logic, so i’m not sure what point you’re trying to make. best to view philosophy degrees and decide which uni offers a course best suited for you
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Picnicl)
This grossly overstates the emphasis on propositional or symbolic logic that the vast majority of universities have. Most undergraduates will do a single unit in year 1.
Talkative Toad
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Moved to unis
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads