The Student Room Group

Medicine degree?

Hello
I went to uni this sept to study psychology but left only a few days after as i decided i had made the wrong choice of course! after a few weeks i realised i want to do medicine. Does ne1 no if it is too late to apply for medicine 2004 as i have missed the deadline? would i still be considered. I got the following grades at A-level:
maths A
Biology A
psychology A
I also got AS level chemistry at grade C
Does ne1 know if i could get into a medicine course with grade C at chemistry AS? would i have to redo AS and carry on to a-level.
any help on this would be welcomed! thankyou :smile:
best bet is to ring the uni you want to apply to and ask.

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
best bet is to ring the uni you want to apply to and ask.

love Katy ***

I woudl ay you're boned myself, because all unis ive heard of say A at chemistry, 90% say A at biology AS WELL and then A or B in another science.
Thats when i applied 3 years ago tho...
J
foolfarian
I woudl ay you're boned myself, because all unis ive heard of say A at chemistry, 90% say A at biology AS WELL and then A or B in another science.
Thats when i applied 3 years ago tho...
J

I dont think that you need another science with biology and chemistry though :tongue:
smileoftheyear
Hello
I went to uni this sept to study psychology but left only a few days after as i decided i had made the wrong choice of course! after a few weeks i realised i want to do medicine. Does ne1 no if it is too late to apply for medicine 2004 as i have missed the deadline? would i still be considered. I got the following grades at A-level:
maths A
Biology A
psychology A
I also got AS level chemistry at grade C
Does ne1 know if i could get into a medicine course with grade C at chemistry AS? would i have to redo AS and carry on to a-level.
any help on this would be welcomed! thankyou :smile:

you *have*to have chemistry a level, sorry
You don't necessarily need an A2 in chemistry. Most universities specify you need AS chemistry at least, and in that case you need Biology to A2, which you have. So with the subjects and the grades you have, you could easily get into ANY medical course, because of the AAA at A2. Most uni's don't even look at your AS grades, but because you do actually have a chem AS level, you're fine. You could go to Oxford or Cambridge or anywhere. Good luck, but it might be too late to apply for 2004 entry. It's worth phoning up individual universities though just to check.

Good luck!
"So with the subjects and the grades you have, you could easily get into ANY medical course, because of the AAA at A2"

haha are you kidding? loads of my friends applied with AAA in typical medicine subjects(bio,chem,maths,physics etc)and most got either one or two offers max,sorry but now even AAA doesnt gurantee you anything
Of course it's not guaranteed, I mean with those grades, the only thing that would prevent you from getting in is your personal statement, etc. The grades are well above what most med schools ask for, and will give conditional offers with. Most will ask for AAB or ABB, and with AAA, if you get a conditional offer, you are gunna get a place because you have the grades. Obviously, you have to get a conditional offer first! LOL!

Latest