The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

University of Portsmouth - Entry requirements

Hiya :smile: - I just wanna know if anyone has any ideas of how lenient portsmouth are with their entry requirements…
I was originally offered 2 unconditionals from UOP for similar courses to the one I settled on (offered for cybercrime and criminology and law and criminology - but chose counter terrorism)
- but I’m a little worried I won’t get the 128 UCAS Point requirement (ABB) - honestly I think I’m likely to get BCC :frown: - Do you think I still have a chance of being accepted with those grades? 😅
Original post by ItzMadzie
Hiya :smile: - I just wanna know if anyone has any ideas of how lenient portsmouth are with their entry requirements…
I was originally offered 2 unconditionals from UOP for similar courses to the one I settled on (offered for cybercrime and criminology and law and criminology - but chose counter terrorism)
- but I’m a little worried I won’t get the 128 UCAS Point requirement (ABB) - honestly I think I’m likely to get BCC :frown: - Do you think I still have a chance of being accepted with those grades? 😅

Hii! I’m sorry if this is rude but i also have a question and idk who else to ask but im in y9 and im doing my gcses soon in like 2-3 yrs and im wondering if you have any tips for me so i can pass my gcses.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by jazzyrainbowz
Hii! I’m sorry if this is rude but i also have a question and idk who else to ask but im in y9 and im doing my gcses soon in like 2-3 yrs and im wondering if you have any tips for me so i can pass my gcses.

Hi!

When I was doing revision I made sure I went through the module and noted down all the key fact and terms etc on an A3 poster and hung it on my bedroom wall so I would always be remembered of the key facts. Every so often I would try and write down everything I could from the poster. The facts which I missed off or got wrong I would then write over in a different colour so I would know where I went wrong. Doing this little and often is really useful. Also, creating the poster with classmates can be really useful, so you get all of the right facts on the poster.
You could always scan and print a copy of the poster to take with you to college/school to revise in breaks. Also, get your teacher to look at your revision, as they'll be able to tell you if you're missing anything or if you might be wrong.

Also, speak to your teachers and ask for help. they should be able to think of specific revision tools for you, maybe like a website or something for your subject and exam board.
If you do past papers often enough and get them marked by your teacher, they'll be able to recognise where you're making mistakes and be able to provide you with some constructive feedback. Doing this from the start is extremely useful. Also, try and find your learning type (visual, kinesthetic, audio). You can take a quiz to find this out and the results will give you revision tips based on your learning type.

Don't forget taking time for yourself is really important! going out for a walk every day or even just watching tv even helps to give your brain some rest. However, exercise, diet and rest/sleep is key. Sometimes I use to go for a quick 10 minute walk before starting work or revision and this would get my brain to focus.

Outside of learning, remember that keeping healthy and active is important. Joining a club or do some volunteering can gain you a lot of experience that will help with what to put on CV's and personal statements.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending