The Student Room Group

Biochemistry degree

How much of the first-year content is helpful in the second year of a biochemistry degree?
Original post by noorfatimaa
How much of the first-year content is helpful in the second year of a biochemistry degree?

Hi @noorfatimaa

Each university will have different quantities of first year knowledge being required in second year. In my experience, first year provides you with a strong foundation moving into second year. Elements are repeated and built upon from first year, so there is definitely helpful content. There will also be content that is not used again if you have chosen to select modules away from a topic you learnt about in first-year. Sometimes, I even found whilst I didn't use some first year knowledge in second year, I found myself needing it in third year.

It will be helpful to make sure you have good, organised notes in case you do need to refer back.

Hope this helps - there isn't a simple answer to this. Assume it is all helpful!

Lauren
Official University of Southampton Ambassador
Original post by noorfatimaa

Hello,

Please feel free to take a look at our modules tab which is at the bottom of the following page:

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/biosciences/biochemistry.aspx#CourseDetailsTab

You will be able to see what you will be studying each year.

Darren Round - Life and Environmental Sciences

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending