Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do celebrities have talent Watch

• View Poll Results: do celebrities have talent?
    yes
    44.83%
    no
    55.17%

ReputationRep:
    do celebrities have talent?
    do they offer anything to society or just a waste of space?

what are your views?

ReputationRep:
    Some do, some don't. The majority don't. Well done to them for making a tonne of money for doing effectively nothing, but I would prefer to live in a world where people were famous because of their actual talents and achievments. What I really hate though, more than the celebrities themselves, is how some peoples' lives revolve around celebrities and their lives, its so shallow.

ReputationRep:
    if its more appropriate to class someone as a 'celebrity' as opposed to an actor/actress, musician, etc then no, they don't have talent.

ReputationRep:
    but there are some celebrities who can last longer. the way they continue to provoke the medias attention surely is a talent

ReputationRep:
    It really depends. I think Simon Cowell is the most talentless **** in history. Then again there are many who have excelled in their own field.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    if its more appropriate to class someone as a 'celebrity' as opposed to an actor/actress, musician, etc then no, they don't have talent.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i am on about people like chantelle and jade goody. do they have talent, do they deserve to be where they are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    It really depends. I think Simon Cowell is the most talentless **** in history. Then again there are many who have excelled in their own field.
    then that means he has the talent of deception coz people seem to value his opinions

ReputationRep:
    meant people like chantelle and jade goody

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamster33)
    i am on about people like chantelle and jade goody. do they have talent, do they deserve to be where they are?
    Nah, not really, but what can you do about it? The general public seem to be entertained by their mindless antics for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think msot sane people would classthem as celebrities. Just chancers who got lucky.

ReputationRep:
    yes but they have something, that gets people's attention. many people in our country want to know what they are doing! the sales of hello magazine will show that. what is it, do the public think they have something in common with them?

ReputationRep:
    i thin they contribute to society

ReputationRep:
    seeing people like jade goody on t.v. along with world leaders and movie stars makes the whole experience closer to us. it relates to reality t.v. and what you think about that. do you want to see average people on t.v.

ReputationRep:
    i thin they contribute to society
    I think you should think through that again.

ReputationRep:
    why not?

ReputationRep:
    Credit to celebrities. We make them that way. It is either they have done something really amazing or unbelievable in folly. The fact that some people continue to live their lives around celebs is testament to the role of celebs in society as role models, mentors e.t.c. Surely, it's talent of some sort that puts them there either as a**h*l*s or geniuses.

ReputationRep:
    It depends who they are and what they became famous for. I think some celebrities have talent and have worked hard to get where they are, but a lot are only known for being on TV particularly on reality TV. It also seems that a lot of celebrities are in it for the money rather than there passion for what they do. I don’t really think people who have become famous from being on shows like Big Brother have much talent; I see talent as someone who is an actor/actress, writer etc not someone who goes on TV and does nothing but be themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Paris Hilton never worked hard.

She's only famous because she's an "heiress".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellen120)
    Paris Hilton never worked hard.

She's only famous because she's an "heiress".
    :yep: Yeah, a lot of people are only famous because there known due to their connections.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.