Can someone have a look at my PS? Watch

oo_Lucinda_oo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(is this allowed? lol)

Someone who feels they can do so properly? ie, review and make suggestions?

Before you suggest it, i've already posted in the PS section, however I haven't had a reply for 3/4 days and im really pressing for time now. (EDIT: not in a rude way or anything, i know they have their own work to do and stuff)

Anyone? I'm not applying for a top uni or anything so it shouldn't be too difficult!
profseverus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
try the PS Helpers here..
If they haven't replied yet, they will soon..
Cherryy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It took them a week to read mine....
profseverus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
and about 4 days for mine, i think.
afrosuave
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i will what do u want to study
afrosuave
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
politics i see, sorry
oo_Lucinda_oo
Rep:
?
so i should wait? :confused: meh, i hate applying as an individual, its not like i can ask a teacher or anything
pcok
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't give it to people other than those in the PS section, because all of those in the PS section are already at university or whatever, so they 100% will not be copying anything from your work. Giving it to anybody else could cause them to copy it or get ideas from it, which I assume you do not want.

I had to wait a while last year for them to reply, but that's because they have so many to read; this is a good thing though, because they will be able to give you much better, objective, advice than somebody who has only ever read their own PS, if that.
profseverus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wait for a few more days, yep..
oo_Lucinda_oo
Rep:
?
do u feel you are properly qualified (not literally, but u know what i mean) to look at it? or u just want to laugh at my hideous attempt lol
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You are aware that there is often a long queue, which the PS Helpers try to get through as quickly as possible. However, if you need your statement by a particular date, then it is advised that you make sure you post it in plenty of time.
oo_Lucinda_oo
Rep:
?
(Original post by pcok)
I wouldn't give it to people other than those in the PS section, because all of those in the PS section are already at university or whatever, so they 100% will not be copying anything from your work. Giving it to anybody else could cause them to copy it or get ideas from it, which I assume you do not want.
oh i didn't think of that; though i dont see why anyone would lol, tis not good..

ok il just wait then. thanks
SuperDaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is it possible to give it to your form tutor / random teacher to have a look over?

I could have a looksie if you want, I did a degree in Politics.
WhatTheFunk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
post your ps in ps helper, they will look over it, take a few days, cos we are uni student or higher so and they do have uni work and that to do
misswilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
so i should wait? :confused: meh, i hate applying as an individual, its not like i can ask a teacher or anything
I'm going through the last drafts of mine now and showing it to a few friends in university. THEN I'll be putting it on for the PS helper. It's worth waiting they really are great.

I'm applying on my own too but you could go and ask an ex tutor if you really are concerned, even drop them an email and ask them if they could possibly review it.
oo_Lucinda_oo
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperDaz)
Is it possible to give it to your form tutor / random teacher to have a look over?

I could have a looksie if you want, I did a degree in Politics.
no im on a gap year, applying as an individual

how long ago?
Sports Racer
Report 10 years ago
If it's been three days since you posted, the thread gets tagged with a red bold font to draw the attention of the helpers. You are a priority, and someone should get to you reasonably soon.
foundintransmission
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You should wait, they're a great help when they get round to it, better than any of my tutors in college. :yep:
oo_Lucinda_oo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alex L)
You are aware that there is often a long queue, which the PS Helpers try to get through as quickly as possible. However, if you need your statement by a particular date, then it is advised that you make sure you post it in plenty of time.
yes of course i am, i didn't mean it in a rude way or anything, i was just saving everyone telling me to go and post it in the PS section.

i do understand that they are taking time out of their own schedules to help etc.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How are you 'pressing for time'? The deadline is ages away.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?