The Student Room Group

Curriculum Conversations: Hub thread

:woo: Welcome to Curriculum Conversations!:woo:

This is a series of threads from :tsr: asking you what you think about the UK school curriculum!

The Student Room works with a number of partner agencies, including school and college leaders, Exam Boards, Ofqual and branches of the government. Through a series of thread discussions and polls, we want to make sure your voices are heard by those in positions of influence. Throughout the month of July we are running lots of discussions in educational debate about what you would find useful to be taught in schools. Whether you're in school now, at university, on an apprenticeship or in the world of work; your thoughts, opinions and ideas are hugely welcomes. Please get involved in as many conversations as you can. :grin:

If you would like to receive updates about this project, please click here and tick the box we'll then give you one notification twice a week about our new threads. :smile: When we discuss particular school subjects, we may also notify users who frequently post in our Study Help section within the relevant subject forum - so that those invested in this part of the curriculum can get their voices heard. :yep:

Have a look at the list below to see which conversations have already begun...

Technology and Computers

English

PSHE

Science

Religion

Physical Education

Geography

Expressive Arts

History
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey guys, if you're receiving this notification it's because you've posted a lot in the Maths forum and we thought you may be interested in these discussions about what the Maths curriculum in a school should look like. For full details about this project, feel free to read the post above. I won't use this quote list again so don't worry about opting-out of these, but if you are interested please do get involved...

Top recent posters in the Maths forum

Curriculum Conversations Quote List

(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Blue_Cow

I'm not a fan of these Curriculum Conversations which seem to start off every thread with the premise that if a Level 2/3 qualification does not take you straight into XYZ job/sector then it isn't fit for purpose.
I can assure you that this isn't the case.
Original post by Talkative Toad
The "should religious studies be mandatory I'd still in the private forum.
THANK YOU there's always something I forget :adore:
Original post by 04MR17
THANK YOU there's always something I forget :adore:

No worries, can finally comment on it now.

Don't open me, very big list

If you're receiving this quote it is because you have posted in a thread that forms part of the Curriculum Conversations project. Whether you knew it or not, a thread you contributed to is being used by TSR to help inform stakeholders in Education about the current state of school curriculums up and down the UK and what your thoughts are on them. TSR works with government agencies, exam boards and school leaders on a regular basis and Volunteers have put together a huge series of threads throughout the month of July to help capture the voices of TSR users about the school curriculum and what should be on it.

July is nearly at a close, and we wanted to give you this opportunity to get involved still in some of the conversations you have missed. If you get chance, please have a look through our list below and join in on some of the discussions that might interest you.

And most importantly, thank you for participating. :biggrin:

Technology and Computers

English

PSHE

Science

Religion

Physical Education

Geography

Expressive Arts

History
Original post by 04MR17

Don't open me, very big list

If you're receiving this quote it is because you have posted in a thread that forms part of the Curriculum Conversations project. Whether you knew it or not, a thread you contributed to is being used by TSR to help inform stakeholders in Education about the current state of school curriculums up and down the UK and what your thoughts are on them. TSR works with government agencies, exam boards and school leaders on a regular basis and Volunteers have put together a huge series of threads throughout the month of July to help capture the voices of TSR users about the school curriculum and what should be on it.

July is nearly at a close, and we wanted to give you this opportunity to get involved still in some of the conversations you have missed. If you get chance, please have a look through our list below and join in on some of the discussions that might interest you.

And most importantly, thank you for participating. :biggrin:

Technology and Computers

English

PSHE

Science

Religion

Physical Education

Geography

Expressive Arts

History

That is a long list, but I will have one or two closer looks at the conversations.

Quick Reply

Latest