Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I have just started my chemistry investigation an i dont know what to do :confused: , the title is:
    'Investigation of factors that can affect the enzyme browning in bananas'
    Can anyone help me thing of factors that i can investigate?
    Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

ReputationRep:
    you could change the substrate concentration, see how it affects rate
    change the enzyme concentration, see how it affects rtae
    do the reaction under different pH conditions
    do different temperatures (find the temperature at which the enzyme is denatured, prove the optimium temperature condition
    find a specific enzyme inhibitor, talk about competitive - non competitive inhibition

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, as a part of my A2 indivdual investigation, I am doing something similar, in terms of enzyme catalysed reaction. As I am using catalase, and want to be able to devise rate equations, then don't I need to be able to know/measure the concentration of catalase? I'm not sure as to wether or not I can actually measure the concentration of catalase from the source I am using. If anyone has any ideas then I'm open for discussion!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.