The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Design And Technology 9DT0 01 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel A Level Design And Technology Component 1: Design and Technology (Product Design) 9DT0 01 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June PM
Length: 2h30

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Reply 1
can someone tell me the best way to revise for this, bit late to ask because the exam is tomorrow but any tips?
try to link the picture or example given to properties ie if they talk about plywood for a game, you know the game parts should be light weight, good strength to weight ratio etc
look at the marks to gove you an idea of how much detail is needed
look at the command words on the spec, ie evaluate means they want adv, disadv and a conclusion

Does anyone have questions based on the advanced information?

Original post by wettuss
can someone tell me the best way to revise for this, bit late to ask because the exam is tomorrow but any tips?
Has anyone been told what marks the 'high tariff questions' includes?

Is it 6 or 8 or 12?
i think it will be 6,9 and 12 markers
Original post by duncan_macd
Has anyone been told what marks the 'high tariff questions' includes?

Is it 6 or 8 or 12?
How did everyone find the exam?
Original post by josefgas5
How did everyone find the exam?

it wasnt too bad, the isometric rlly threw me off and the critical path, the arts and crafts also was a bit dodgy but other than that it was fine hbu?
the 9 marker on arts and crafts was a bit nasty, would have thought 9 marker topic would have been put on the advanced info...
Original post by lion334rated
it wasnt too bad, the isometric rlly threw me off and the critical path, the arts and crafts also was a bit dodgy but other than that it was fine hbu?

Same really. I completely misunderstood the isometric drawing, I thought the top drawing of the orthographic drawing was supposed to be the back side of the box. The rest were fine I think.
Original post by ivyxue49
the 9 marker on arts and crafts was a bit nasty, would have thought 9 marker topic would have been put on the advanced info...

same!!! was expecting a 4 marker on movements but definitely not a 9 marker
Original post by lion334rated
same!!! was expecting a 4 marker on movements but definitely not a 9 marker

i think i messed up a bit on the 6 markers, hoping the drawing question and the maths questions pull thru. hopefully there's some marks buried in my waffle loool

Quick Reply

Latest