36%
Not so good (5)
20%
Terrible! (2)
8%
GuidoGyro
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

OCR A-level History British period study and enquiry: All exams 10th Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 10th June AM
Length: 1h30

Includes:

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: Alfred and the making of England 871-1016 Y101/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: Anglo-Saxon England and the Norman Conquest 1035-1107 Y102/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: England 1199-1272 Y103/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: England 1377-1455 Y104/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: England 1445-1509: Lancastrians Yorkists and Henry VII Y105/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: England 1485-1558: the early Tudors Y106/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: England 1547-1603: the later Tudors Y107/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: The early Stuarts and the origins of the Civil War 1603-1660 Y108/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: The making of Georgian Britain 1678-c.1760 Y109/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: From Pitt to Peel: Britain 1783-1853 Y110/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: Liberals Conservatives and the rise of Labour 1846-1918 Y111/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: Britain 1900-1951 Y112/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level History British period study and enquiry: Britain 1930-1997 Y113/01 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Mythical Pingu

Hello Tudor Historians for Friday
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 1 month ago
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
GuidoGyro I merged you into the OCR History 10th June thread (apologies for formatting issues!) How are you feeling about the Tudors exam?
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 1 month ago
scarlett_2004__
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know what the questions for part A were last year?
cakt-us
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Violently ill
GuidoGyro
Rep:
(Original post by cakt-us)
Violently ill
Sorry to hear how so
GuidoGyro
Rep:
(Original post by scarlett_2004__)
Does anyone know what the questions for part A were last year?
Not public
Jamesv9320
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
will areas shown on advanced information definitely come up as a question then?
GuidoGyro
Rep:
(Original post by Jamesv9320)
will areas shown on advanced information definitely come up as a question then?
The source question will incorporate "stability" whether that be in the question, or the content is primarily about age, gender, factionalism. but keep in mind this could mean crossover like if a gender question mentions wyatt or a factionalism question quarrels about a prayer book.

yes a henry the vii domestic question and henry viii (latter half of his reign) question will come up. but no info past that really
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How was the exam?
James.mp4
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did Tudors, I thought it wasn't too bad. At first the 20 markers looked horrendous, but after actually doing them, I managed to find my argument along the way. The 30 marker seemed a bit confusing, but I managed to cobble together a half-decent argument about political stability being gained from the authority of the king/queen, but being undermined by Mary's claim
Madsfr
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how did you guys find early stuarts? the 20 markers were so nice i thought
sfp04
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did Wars of the Roses. I liked the paper overall. Thought the sources were fine, and I really enjoyed writing my 20-marker; Richard III is such a fascinating guy whom I could talk for ages about, and I liked the focus of the question on his ability as a ruler.
jayekb
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Madsfr)
how did you guys find early stuarts? the 20 markers were so nice i thought
I was hoping for success of personal rule so was very happy!!
HHHR
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sfp04)
I did Wars of the Roses. I liked the paper overall. Thought the sources were fine, and I really enjoyed writing my 20-marker; Richard III is such a fascinating guy whom I could talk for ages about, and I liked the focus of the question on his ability as a ruler.
Thought the questions were decent. The sources Q was quite vague which I felt was good as it meant you could talk about a range of things. I chose the 20 marker on Henry VII as I knew more about him but thought both options were nice.
sfp04
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HHHR)
Thought the questions were decent. The sources Q was quite vague which I felt was good as it meant you could talk about a range of things. I chose the 20 marker on Henry VII as I knew more about him but thought both options were nice.
I thought the fact that you had to remember to separately evaluate two different attributes (loyal and able) complicated the source question a bit, but the actual sources themselves were good and had a lot to comment on.
student9863
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did anyone do the Pitt to Peel, Whig splits were the reason Pitt stayed in power? I didn't see the end of the question about the 1790s and as a result, didn't talk about his handling of the radical threat such as his 1790s policies of suspending Habeus corpus and the seditious meetings act and the popular loyalist support he had through the church and kings clubs as well as the Reeves association will I be able to score any more than 10?
Last edited by student9863; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads