The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level History Paper 3: 9HI0 30-39 - 22 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the Edexcel A Level History Paper 3 exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level History Paper 3: Themes in breadth with aspects in depth 9HI0 30-39 - 22 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 22nd June AM
Length: 2h15

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Anyone do option 39 Civil Rights 1865-2009?
(edited 1 year ago)
Does anyone do option 31 Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors, 1485 - 1603?
Anyone doing option 30: Lancastrians, Yorkists and Henry VII, 1399–1509?
yeah, do you know what the questions were in the November 2021 paper? I am trying to do some practice questions as revision for next week but the papers are locked from last year.
Original post by JacksAlive
Anyone doing option 30: Lancastrians, Yorkists and Henry VII, 1399–1509?

Yesss I do! Any predictions on what’s coming up? My teachers thinks the source question will be on the battle of bosworth
Original post by tedibare
Yesss I do! Any predictions on what’s coming up? My teachers thinks the source question will be on the battle of bosworth

They’ve done a source before on the battle of bosworth. I think it might be on like the Cornish rebellion or Perkin Warbeck or even Lambert Simnel.
Does anyone do 36 Ireland and the Union? Any question predictions :smile:
Original post by SwagNugget123
They’ve done a source before on the battle of bosworth. I think it might be on like the Cornish rebellion or Perkin Warbeck or even Lambert Simnel.

We practically have to revise everything isn’t it? Because of the source question as it can be based on anything the said??
Original post by SwagNugget123

True but they can always word the question different. For paper two everyone was thinking one topic was gonna come up but turns out the q they gave us came up before just worded differently
Is there any point in revising both Henry V and Henry VI for Q2? I'm kind of tempted to just revise Henry VI cos I feel a lot more confident with his reign, ik that will give me one less option in the exam but I'm not that bothered about it
Original post by blue.moon.
Is there any point in revising both Henry V and Henry VI for Q2? I'm kind of tempted to just revise Henry VI cos I feel a lot more confident with his reign, ik that will give me one less option in the exam but I'm not that bothered about it

Yes I would say revise both to be safe. I find Henry V easy to revise he’s straightforward a whereas Henry VI is all over the place, back n forth
Original post by Eliottbigboss12
Does anyone do option 31 Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors, 1485 - 1603?

yes , what are your predictions for the paper? what do you think will be the grade boundaries , how much for an A?
Original post by johncena26
yes , what are your predictions for the paper? what do you think will be the grade boundaries , how much for an A?

I am not sure to be fair, grade boundaries may be higher due to advanced info but idk. Section A Source Question will be on Tyrone's rebellion and for Section B a choice of either challenging the succession or challenging religious changes (according to the Advanced Information). The grade boundaries for the November 2021 paper were 40/60 marks for an A. What do you think and what are your predictions?
Anyone doing Protest Agitation and Parliamentary Reform- 36.1?
Is anyone doing British experience of warfare (35.2)?
I am not sure to be fair, grade boundaries may be higher due to advanced info but idk. Section A Source Question will be on Tyrone's rebellion and for Section B a choice of either challenging the succession or challenging religious changes (according to the Advanced Information). The grade boundaries for the November 2021 paper were 40/60 marks for an A. What do you think and what are your predictions?

Think it will be 148-150 out of 200 for an A. The grade boundaries have always been difficult for history , not much marks to drop and if u mess up even one of the 60 mark papers its hard to get an A. For the source question it might be something to do with the strength of rebel forces and maybe something to do with why it lasted so long.
Original post by johncena26
Think it will be 148-150 out of 200 for an A. The grade boundaries have always been difficult for history , not much marks to drop and if u mess up even one of the 60 mark papers its hard to get an A. For the source question it might be something to do with the strength of rebel forces and maybe something to do with why it lasted so long.

Yea for the source, the only time Tyrone's rebellion came up was in the 2018 paper and it was on the extent of the threat posed by the rebels and the nature of Elizabeth I’s response to the Tyrone Rebellion.
Yea for the source, the only time Tyrone's rebellion came up was in the 2018 paper and it was on the extent of the threat posed by the rebels and the nature of Elizabeth I’s response to the Tyrone Rebellion.

Or possibly something to do with foreign (spanish) intervention. Hopefully the source is good.
yeah, they've said the source will be on Henry VII
Original post by tedibare
We practically have to revise everything isn’t it? Because of the source question as it can be based on anything the said??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending