The Student Room Group

History and Film-related EPQ: What should I do?

Hi, I'm doing an EPQ next year and I really want to do something that combines both my interest in Modern History course with my love for film and TV, as I write about those a lot on various websites and I'm currently expanding to magazines. The only idea I've got at the moment is how historical events are presented in film, and the mix of accuracy and personal bias, but I feel like that's too broad a route to go down?

Idk, if anyone could give me any guidance on how I could approach this it'd be appreciated. I do have another idea as a backup but I do really want to have a dual focus on history and film.
Original post by AlexP17
Hi, I'm doing an EPQ next year and I really want to do something that combines both my interest in Modern History course with my love for film and TV, as I write about those a lot on various websites and I'm currently expanding to magazines. The only idea I've got at the moment is how historical events are presented in film, and the mix of accuracy and personal bias, but I feel like that's too broad a route to go down?

Idk, if anyone could give me any guidance on how I could approach this it'd be appreciated. I do have another idea as a backup but I do really want to have a dual focus on history and film.

Potentially go through the idea of how cameras and technology for making such music and films have developed over the years progressing through the impacts of WW1 and such huge events and what those events would have meant for music and film. You could talk about the rise of film categories and it’s own development in terms of realism and stuff. I am not too experienced in this stuff but am doing an EPQ myself right now and so felt this may be helpful.
Reply 2
How about propaganda? If you love modern history, maybe something relating to propaganda films used during the war. I am aware from doing my university dissertation there are a lot of these as for mine I discussed the gender differences visible within film. That could be an interesting topic? If you need some further guidance I would suggest approaching your history teacher and discussing some ideas with them also, hope this helps :smile:
Original post by AlexP17

How about cinema in the Weimar Republic? Or in any modern culture in general.
Teamwork and communication skills in the industry
Progression options and viable entry routes into the sector
Major historical events that changed our society forever (9/11 etc)
Animal welfare and abuse
Medicine and the film industry
How the entire industry changed and developed over the years
Religion and the filmmaking world
The use of children by film directors and so on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending