Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an appointment at the university health service in Bristo Square. Can someone tell me what level the recption is on. Is it on the floor you go in at?

ReputationRep:
    It actually depends on where the doctor you're seeing has their office, as they are over 2 floors. But if you go up to the 2nd floor (I think its the 2nd) to the main reception, just tell the receptionist who you're seeing then they'll say if you're on the right floor or if you have to go up to the next one. If they say you have to go to the next one, you then have to report to the receptionist on that floor too.

When you come in you're level with the chemist and the actual doctors are on the 2nd and 3rd floor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouhan)
    I have an appointment at the university health service in Bristo Square. Can someone tell me what level the recption is on. Is it on the floor you go in at?
    Similar to what oxymoronic said,

If you go down to the entrance that looks all yellowy you're on the ground floor, if you go in next to the pharmacy it's the 1st floor. The whole place is plastered in posters telling you to go to the main reception desk (and what floor it's on) to state that you're there and receive instructions - just follow the stairs up, until you feel the ill people vibes :p:. You don't normally have to do any more than that, and wait in whatever area you're told to wait in until you're called (as you would in any doctors' surgery), although the top floor reception might be open, but I've never seen that.

ReputationRep:
    Reception is on the 3rd floor as are most of the consulting rooms. If you're doctor's on the 5th floor (does anyone know what goes on on the 4th floor???) the receptionist will tell you. Physio's also on the 5th floor. As you go up the stairs the 3rd floor is the one with all the photographs of doctors, then turn left. If you ever go for open access 9-10 you have to pick up a slip from the shelf by the photographs and fill that in before they'll put you on the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela_banana)
    If you ever go for open access 9-10 you have to pick up a slip from the shelf by the photographs and fill that in before they'll put you on the list.
    That annoys me so much as it always catches me out every time I go, and apparently everyone else in the queue too. You get to the front and the woman is always like 'go and fill in a form from outside' ... why do they keep the form outside?? surely it would make more sense to have it on the front desk by reception, or in a paper holder there as there aren't even big signs telling you to fill in a form when you walk up the stairs. They should get one at the top of each flight of stairs, like the one they have everywhere saying that you can ask to have the contraceptive implant fitted, or that you should probably be having a smear test. I read those every time I'm in there on the way up!

ReputationRep:
    Lol - I have loads of respect for the receptionists as you think they'd go crazy telling 15 people a day to pick a form up outside, and they never seem to say it rudely at all! As for the posters, i have to get the lift up now and they have them in there too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela_banana)
    Lol - I have loads of respect for the receptionists as you think they'd go crazy telling 15 people a day to pick a form up outside, and they never seem to say it rudely at all! As for the posters, i have to get the lift up now and they have them in there too!!
    i went for the clinic once (just after freshers at 9:10am) and they didnt tell me to pick up a form but to come back for an appointment later that afternoon because they were so busy! the reception is kind of open though - eveyone can hear what you say! just curious why do you have to take the lift now? i actually did do it myself once because im so lazy sometimes

ReputationRep:
    oh, I know. No such thing as confidential in that place!
    "SO YOU WANT TO BOOK A PLACE AT THE CONTRACEPTIVE CLINIC?" yes, that's what I said, you don't need to tell the whole waiting room.:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's always crazy after fresher's week because of fresher's flu and people coming back from home who've been putting off seeing a doctor. Get the lift due to my fibromyalgia - it'd take me all day to get up the stairs! It's pretty open but they're fairly discreet. I'm in there so often though I can pretty much guess what's wrong with most people by sight now - noone brings their boyfriend to the docs unless they think they're pregnant!

ReputationRep:
    fibromyalgia sounds bad for stairs (wikipedia and all that)

boyfriend always means pregnant - unless you are at the CY on castle terrace where i have heard one person come down the stairs with their boyfriend shouting to their friends "i've not got an STI"

anyway michaela - you've got a head start at working out everyones problems - you're a medic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouhan)
    oh, I know. No such thing as confidential in that place!
    "SO YOU WANT TO BOOK A PLACE AT THE CONTRACEPTIVE CLINIC?" yes, that's what I said, you don't need to tell the whole waiting room.
    Yeah it is pretty open at the desk- I went needing the, um, morning after pill once but was 5 minutes late for the end of open access so she said 'I'll give you an appointment for a weeks time as we're full', so 'I was like nooooo I have to have one today. Now!' And then she said 'we don't have any', and I ended up explaining why I needed to see someone right then to the entire waiting room. To which she replied 'well still, couldn't you have come when we opened?' to which I then had to explain that it hadn't really been neccesary about an hour earlier.... very embrassing!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Bravely done though! At least you can be reassured that at the uni health centre they see that every day. It's a good story!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.