The Student Room Group

macbeth AQA GCSE predictions??

what are your predictions for tomorrow's exam???

i think it'll be the relationship between Macbeth and lady Macbeth

... istg if it is Banquo i will be offing myself soon xx
Original post by harlz_chalamet

Hi there.

No predictions but hope the exam goes well for tomorrow - you've worked hard for this so have faith in yourself!

Good luck for tomorrow to you and others. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Pretty sure that was the 2021 question! Well it was the question i had
for my mock anyway
banquo or macduff i will pull an eva smith

Reply 4

it wont be the relationship between macbeth and lady macbeth because that was the 2021 question so they won't repeat it. They have done lady macbeth two times a row and once again in 2017 so I am almost certain it wont be her. There has never been a question on the witches so thats my biggest guess and due to covid, I doubt that they will choose the minor characters such as banquo. Also there has also been a question about Banquo so there's less of a chance of that appearing
Reply 5
Im hoping for witches/supernatural or King duncan
Original post by tanialu
it wont be the relationship between macbeth and lady macbeth because that was the 2021 question so they won't repeat it. They have done lady macbeth two times a row and once again in 2017 so I am almost certain it wont be her. There has never been a question on the witches so thats my biggest guess and due to covid, I doubt that they will choose the minor characters such as banquo. Also there has also been a question about Banquo so there's less of a chance of that appearing

but with aqa you never know they still might repeat it like they did with the poetry anthologies
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

No predictions but hope the exam goes well for tomorrow - you've worked hard for this so have faith in yourself!

Good luck for tomorrow to you and others. :smile:

aw that is so sweet thank you so much, have a lovely evening :smile:
Original post by tanialu

tbh supernatural wont be that bad. basically talking abt how they influenced Macbeths thoughts
tbh supernatural wont be that bad. basically talking abt how they influenced Macbeths thoughts

how did you find the question... i was a bit thrown when i saw it but i managed to come up with some stuff that i don't think was complete nonsense haha! however the unseen poetry has completed killed off my chances of getting a nine =(
Original post by emmab0488
how did you find the question... i was a bit thrown when i saw it but i managed to come up with some stuff that i don't think was complete nonsense haha! however the unseen poetry has completed killed off my chances of getting a nine =(

i actually really really liked the question! a lot better than i thought (i thought it was going to be Malcolm or something) lmao
what points did you write about?
i wrote 3 main points which was about 3-4 pages:
point 1 = Macbeth's fear of Banquo's descendants taking over his name
point 2 = Macbeth's fear of being too feminine + how he manipulated Lady M ( i really wanted to include her in my essay haha!)
point 3 = Macbeth's fear of the consequences after he committed regicide.

poetry icl it wasn't my favourite. i defo preferred the first poetry question to the second. i really felt that poem 2 - Choices i think - really lacked techniques for me to analyse and compare with the other poem.
but overall, it was a decent test.
how about youu?

heyy, i'm sure you'll be perfectly fine!!

Hi there.

Poetry is not fun. :s-smilie: Try not to worry as you did everything you could do in the exam. An 8 is still a really good grade!

Hope the exam went well for you @harlz_chalamet :smile:
the poetry was so bad that i skipped the 8 marker lol that was such an empty poem imo
Hi there.

Poetry is not fun. :s-smilie: Try not to worry as you did everything you could do in the exam. An 8 is still a really good grade!

Hope the exam went well for you @harlz_chalamet :smile:

I agree with what you said, an 8 is such a high grade. it's still equivalent to an A* i think

And it went quite well, thank you for asking!! the question wasn't Lady Macbeth, it was about 'Macbeth's fears within the play', however i was able to cheekily add some related paragraphs about her haha

quick question, I saw that you were tagged on this medicine thread, so I'm assuming that you've done medicine/ you are a student?? :smile:
I agree with what you said, an 8 is such a high grade. it's still equivalent to an A* i think

And it went quite well, thank you for asking!! the question wasn't Lady Macbeth, it was about 'Macbeth's fears within the play', however i was able to cheekily add some related paragraphs about her haha

quick question, I saw that you were tagged on this medicine thread, so I'm assuming that you've done medicine/ you are a student?? :smile:

I've not done medicine (still a long way away :rofl:) but will be going on to study it. :smile:

i actually really really liked the question! a lot better than i thought (i thought it was going to be Malcolm or something) lmao
what points did you write about?
i wrote 3 main points which was about 3-4 pages:
point 1 = Macbeth's fear of Banquo's descendants taking over his name
point 2 = Macbeth's fear of being too feminine + how he manipulated Lady M ( i really wanted to include her in my essay haha!)
point 3 = Macbeth's fear of the consequences after he committed regicide.

poetry icl it wasn't my favourite. i defo preferred the first poetry question to the second. i really felt that poem 2 - Choices i think - really lacked techniques for me to analyse and compare with the other poem.
but overall, it was a decent test.
how about youu?

heyy, i'm sure you'll be perfectly fine!!

thank you! tbh i was getting fives and sixes at the start of the year, so i'll be pretty happy with even a seven. i can't even properly remember what I wrote about in Macbeth... I think i did a paragraph about fears of Banquo's descendants to talk about the extract, then his fears of light and sound represented in Macduff, then something about the play being a warning against ambition as Macbeth is never able to escape his fears. but i'm glad the exam went well for you!!
I've not done medicine (still a long way away :rofl:) but will be going on to study it. :smile:

that's so cool!! i bet you'll have fun haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest