Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok, so i know this has been done before, but i need a rant...

two of my flatmates are frickin' annoying me. They stay up till 3 in the morning playing music and talking loudly because they have friends over, when you tell them politely if they take it down a notch they ignore you, and yet if you have your music on or have friends over in the early evening or your just talking on the phone they tell us we have to turn it off cause they are trying to study, but if you walk past their room you can hear them listening to tv or the radio. One of them, when she talks to her family, is always yelling loudly and because she is an international student she does it at really annoying times like at 11pm or 6am, some of us need the sleep. They have the biggest spaces in the fridge and the freezer and yet they just dump what they cant fit in on your shelves, and when you need the space, they get really annoyed, like you should have given them a few days notice.

One of them complains about everything being untidy, and yet does nothing to help and lies about doing stuff, i.e. says 'i took the rubbish out for the past week, its your turn', when she hasn't. the rest of us have no problem doing our share of the cleaning, we just wish they would chip in. Also they have no problem using our milk, etc... but then they get all paranoid about their own... they turn off the oven while we are cooking to put their stuff in and they leave mess e.g. stains all over the counter, and refuse cleaning it up.

Ok, rant over... i feel better now.

Why don't you just move out when your contract allows you to...

Surely it's worth the inconvenience of moving/ the uncomfortable situation of telling them? That's better than living out the entire contract being pissed off with the people you're living with if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    arghhhhhhhhhhh i totally feel your pain!! i live with the most disgusting people ever i feel sometimes - the best thing to do is just try not to let it get to you. i also do dumb stuff to get revenge, like this one total ***** in my flat, im ashamed to say i dipped her toothbrush in the toilet. im about to do it again today she deserves it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly1452)
    arghhhhhhhhhhh i totally feel your pain!! i live with the most disgusting people ever i feel sometimes - the best thing to do is just try not to let it get to you. i also do dumb stuff to get revenge, like this one total ***** in my flat, im ashamed to say i dipped her toothbrush in the toilet. im about to do it again today she deserves it.

LMAO!!! That's a good way to get her back!

I know what you mean OP, half of my house are really noisy, so I've told the residences about it for them to be aware of the problem, and they said that if I wanted them to, they'll talk to them. I'm starting to tighten up now, I'm not letting them get away with it any more, I'm fed up, just like you.

Get some ear plugs! My housmeates were really loud, and although ear plugs don't fix the problem, they make it much more bearable.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the wonderful world of living with people you don't know!

Happens to everyone pretty much in halls, just make sure that you get some nice people to live with next year/when your contract ends!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.