The Student Room Group

Is Jamaica suitable for the TNC question?

I put Jamaica to the question about whether TNCs cause more negatives than positives for a country, but in the textbook it said it was about tourism, no specific corporations named, I just gave positives about tourism on Jamaica (AQA Geography Paper 2 - 7th June)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Fish45738914
I put Jamaica to the question about whether TNCs cause more negatives than positives for a country, but in the textbook it said it was about tourism, no specific corporations named, I just gave positives about tourism on Jamaica (AQA Geography Paper 2 - 7th June)

What do you mean textbook?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Gogetterfl
What do you mean textbook?

GCSE 9-1 Geography AQA student book
GCSE 9-1 Geography AQA student book

Wouldn’t you need to talk about TNCs though since it is in the question itself and then use an example of a TNC like Texaco in Brazil.
Original post by Gogetterfl
Wouldn’t you need to talk about TNCs though since it is in the question itself and then use an example of a TNC like Texaco in Brazil.

That's my question, is Jamaica suitable?

I don't think you would achieve top band marks as you didn't include any TNC specific details since that is the main focus of the question. Maybe a few marks for content/knowledge but I'm not sure if it's relevant as TNC impacts and tourism are quite different. Ask your teacher about this, they can probably provide for information on this.
(edited 1 year ago)

Well Jamaica is a country and what TNC did you talk about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending