The Student Room Group

Boots Interview

I have a boots interview coming up in store.
What questions do they ask?
What happens on the shop floor?
And why do I need to research a product that they sell??
Make notes. Always a good idea.
Original post by Brad765

Long time since I have worked with boots but things has changed since my days of applying for a job with them.

You'll be asked to do some task's on the shop floor - maybe handing out leaflets and baskets on meet and greet as customers enter the store.
Perhaps you might have to approach a customer and ask if you can help them find what they are looking for ( don't worry about no experience for this as they are looking at how you cope with customers and how your customer experience in talking to them are )
Reason why you may have to research a product is because you as the customer assistant in boots are there to give advice on those products so therefore they are depending on your knowledge about products.

1. Tell us about yourself
It’s okay to talk about your hobbies and interests but keep it brief. Try and focus on related work experience. Remember having related work experience will put you ahead of the competition.

2. Why do you want to work for Boots
Possible Answers are
State you enjoy the products and the service you receive at Boots and because of this you would be proud to represent them.
Mention why you think Boots is better than its competitors.
If applying for a customer service role state you feel you have strong communication skills which will allow you to work well with customers and other coworkers.

3. Why should boots hire you
What you want to do is reread the job description and find the skills they are looking for and reassure the interviewer that not only do you have those skills but you are passionate about using them. For example, suppose you are in a Boots Customer Assistant Interview. The job description states

Mention you have excellent people skills and will be excited to help customers find what they need.
Say you are a good listener which will allow you to help the customer find exactly what they are looking for.
Finally, mention you are a quick learner and will enjoy learning about the new products at Boots and advising customers about these new products.

4. What is your greatest strength
I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because Boots will be extremely busy during their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)

5. What is your greatest weakness
You should not deny you have a weakness or state strengths as a weakness (I am a perfectionist, or I work too hard and neglect my friends and family). State a weakness that is required for the role but not a dealbreaker if you don’t have it.
When you state your weakness make sure you say what you are doing to overcome that weakness. For example, I have a fear of public speaking and I have enrolled in a public speaking class to overcome my fear.

COMPANY INFORMATION
6. What can you tell us about Boots history etc

Boots is a health and beauty retailer and pharmacy chain.
Boots is located in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Thailand.
Jesse Boot founded Boots in 1849 in Nottingham England.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the parent company of Boots.

CUSTOMER SERVICE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
7. How would you deal with an upset customer
I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (tip be sure to learn Boots return policy)
If a customer was upset because they could not find a particular product I would find it for by walking them to the location rather than just pointing to a general direction.
8. How would you define excellent customer service?

The staff is friendly and always willing to help the customer find what he or she needs.
Customers are not waiting in line for long periods of time at checkout.
The store display is well kept and presented with adequate inventory.

9. Why is customer service so important
Great customer service can Increase customer loyalty
Grow the amount of money each customer spends per visit
Increase how often a customer buys from you
Generate positive word-of-mouth about your business

10. Where do you see yourself in say five years time
This question is designed to see if you are goal-oriented but they will also want to see if you are a good fit at Boots. For example, stating you plan on working in retail management is a better answer than wanting to work in childcare as Boots is not in the business of childcare.
Tip!!! Have a look at the Boots career website and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years.

11. Why should I hire you
Have a second read of the job description and find the skills and experience required for the position.
Next match the skills required for the job to your own skillset.
Finally, reassure the interviewer you have the right skills

12. What motivates you
Possible answers are:

Do Say

Meeting deadlines, targets, or goals
Mentoring and coaching others
Learning new things
Coming up with creative ideas to improve something, or make something new
Working well as part of a team
Finding a way to solve a problem, or overcome a challenge

Don’t Say....
Money
Employee Discounts

13. How do you feel about standing for long periods of time
Most jobs in retail will require you to work on your feet for long periods of time. If possible tell the interviewer you do not have a problem with this. Try to wear comfortable, well-fitting shoes with a low heel, maintain good posture, and stay hydrated.
14. What hours can you work?

The more flexible you are with your hours, the better chance you have of getting hired, so be flexible!
If possible, let the interviewer know that you can work on weekends and/or holidays.

BOOTS TELEPHONE INTERVIEW
If you have a telephone interview study the questions above and you will do fine.
Remember to find a quiet place in your home so there are no distractions.

BOOTS INTERVIEW TIPS
Turn off your smartphone.
Arrive 10 minutes early
Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
Learn as much as possible about the company before your interview.
Original post by Brad765

Hi boots employee here ( pharmacy advisor dispenser )

Congratulations on your interview with boots ☺️

They may ask you something from the following-

They will be asking you what previous experience in retailing you have but not necessary as training will be provided which is pretty easy to do.
Talk some stuff about yourself 🤗
They will go over what you have put in your application form
How would you cope with a angry customer ☹️

Now depending on how long your interview is you may have to do something on the shop floor 😜 it could be anything from handing out basket's and promotion leaflets at the entrance to the store ( usually bigger stores will do this). It's called a meet and greet customers ( you say welcome to boots and if asked anything you tell them ).
You are sometimes asked to find few items so that you can then described those to the manager, and also might be asked to approach a customer and ask if you can assist them with anything - don't be panicking about you not trained for this as all the manager is looking for is that you have decent manners and good customer service interactive with customers.

Good luck with your interview and hopefully you'll do well and get offered a job 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest