Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Like most UK males I'm not circumcised so have all of my foreskin like nature intended.

The problem is I think mines a little tight, I can only pull it down about half an inch so the head is never fully shown. I never have any problems masturbating, but find it can feel a little tight/uncomfortable when my girlfriend 'sits on top' during sex.

Is this natural (I presume what is known as the 'Banjo string' preventing the foreskin from being pulled down fully), or should I make an appointment with the doctor?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, a warm bath helps

ReputationRep:
    i think TSR has a wiki article about exercises to stretch it.

EDIT: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Tight_Foreskin

ReputationRep:
    like said, a warm bath may help... also just relax as much as possible, dont try and force anything.

i have this aswell but really tight, there is only a hole big enough to pee through really. It never used to be that tight but when i became sexually active it tore slightly when i had sex and healed smaller. I don't want to go to the doctors because i would rather not be circumsised and it doesn't really cause any pain. ive tried some exercises and it seems to be starting to work

ReputationRep:
    It's fairly common. You'll find a lot of information about it if you look up 'phimosis'. You don't have it that seriously by the sound of it. I have heard that the foreskin can be made looser by doing regular stretching exercises.

ReputationRep:
    It's not "normal" to have a phimosis => operation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i have this aswell but really tight, there is only a hole big enough to pee through really. It never used to be that tight but when i became sexually active it tore slightly when i had sex and healed smaller. I don't want to go to the doctors because i would rather not be circumsised and it doesn't really cause any pain. ive tried some exercises and it seems to be starting to work
    Same thing happened to me, except I also caught it in my zip so cut it twice within like 6 months, and both times healed "tighter". I've not been to the doctors yet but it happened years ago and hasn't stopped me being sexually active! :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johan C)
    It doesn't mean "operation" at all, so don't go scarin' the lad. In some really severe cases, then yes, but for the majority it won't.

The stretching exercises do work, think someone pointed out the link above. I actually got mine back to normal with the exercises - before I cut it again. I haven't bothered second time round with the stretching, but it does work.

My boyfriend has this...

He's getting 'the chop' some time in December :indiff:

Apparently there are a million and one excersises and creams you can do/use - so don't assume that if you go to the doctors that they're going to want to cut it off! It's like a last resort thing, they don't enjoy operations! :p:

Obviously my boyfriend has tried and tested all of these but he's still in pain, so off it goes! Ha. TBH I don't think either of us are looking forward to the operation (though we're both looking forward to six weeks after it ) but it's just something that has to be done, I guess.

I'd suggest seeing your doctor. Like I said there are creams and excersises

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johan C)
    Who said it was phimosis?

It sounds more like frenulum breve to be honest.

I had a similar problem until i became sexually active... That movement pushed the foreskin down, without any pain:confused: and since then its moved freely and with no pain at all.

I would suggest some GENTLE stretching exercises, until it becomes slightly painful, hold it for a few minutes.
    The optimum word is GENTLE. you dont wanna go tearing things :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yes. my foreskin is very tight too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becular)
    yes. my foreskin is very tight too.
    Well done for reviving a old thread with spam.

Welcome, new troll.

ReputationRep:
    trollette, if you will.

ReputationRep:
    Use lube and masterbate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lees80)
    Same thing happened to me, except I also caught it in my zip so cut it twice within like 6 months, and both times healed "tighter". I've not been to the doctors yet but it happened years ago and hasn't stopped me being sexually active! :nah:
    i didnt actually think guys could trap their nobs in zips. Never even close happened to me. What was the rush to zip up?

just testing anon

ok well i actually had a minor operation on the frenulum. Like you i couldnt pull back my forskin, so i did stretches. The outcome was i could pull it over the head but the banjo string was really tight and it was very uncomfortable. I heard it was be really painful if it tears so i had an operation to extend it. i had to pull my pants down about 4 times throughout the whole process. pm me if you want to no more

ReputationRep:
    I used to suffer from this. I went to a Brook sex clinic to get it checked and they said its quite common. They suggested putting a drop of lube in the end of the condom, or using durex endurance condoms because they have a local anesthetic cream in the tip. However, now it has had some "regular use" it has become less tight and doesnt bother me at all

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.