Turn on thread page Beta

Vegetarians - What are you having for Christmas dinner? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know it might be a bit early, but all the veggies out there (or perhaps people who are having vegetarians round for christmas) will be agonising over what to have at christmas dinner.

I've found the perfect recipe for this year: Mushroom Wellington

But what are TSR's other veggies having this Christmas? Nut roast? Or something a little more exciting?

ReputationRep:
    i'm not a veggie but I don't really eat meat and don't like turkey.

I'll be having the same meal as everyone else minus the turkey, sausages and gravy.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Nut roast always goes down a treat. I had it once round my friend's, it was lovely.

That said, I'll be having chicken this year; I'm not a veggie yet.

ReputationRep:
    i have yorkshiiiiiiyaaaaaaaar puddings potatoes stuffing balls gravy carrots sweetcorn sporouts yano its all good

ReputationRep:
    I really hate nut roast... it reminds me of the weatherspoons sunday dinner menu. Everyone always gives it to veggies!

I dunno what I'll have, its only November after all! Christmas ain't a big deal in my house with regards to formal dinners so I'll probs have veg and whatever. I had quite a nice roasted vegetable thing last year I think, that was pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluelou)
    i have yorkshiiiiiiyaaaaaaaar puddings potatoes stuffing balls gravy carrots sweetcorn sporouts yano its all good
    whats in the stuffing though. Most people make their stuffing with a meat product like bacon in or something.

ReputationRep:
    Batetanu shak ne bhaat.

ReputationRep:
    lettuce

Last year I was a vegetarian at Xmas and I had some sort of turkey substitute. Worst decision ever.

ReputationRep:
    Probably pretend chicken fillets instead of turkey knowing my house 8-)

Unless I decide to make my own thing, the yourkshire pudding with stuffing sounds really tasty :P

ReputationRep:
    Linda McCartney sausages are usually rather nice with roast-type things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    whats in the stuffing though. Most people make their stuffing with a meat product like bacon in or something.

i dunno, its out the packet called saxo or something like lots of herbs and things tastes nice and it is veggie

ReputationRep:
    i will be having vegetarian haggis. with the usual veg, gravy (obviously seperate gravy to the meat gravy), potatoes, and stuffing (of the sage and onion variety)

urgh to nut roast. horrible. my dad likes it but perhaps luckily my sister is allergic to nuts, so we cant have any nut products in the house. (which means yay we can't have nut roast!).

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah sage and onion thats the one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RezM)
    Batetanu shak ne bhaat.
    lol. Funny thing is, I'll be having paneer or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    you weren't asking me, but most stuffing from a packet is veggie safe I think.

I personally put sausage meat in mine but it doesn't make much of a difference in taste tbh.

:love: sage & onion stuffing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluelou)
    i dunno, its out the packet called saxo or something like lots of herbs and things tastes nice and it is veggie
    Haha, Paxo! :rofl:

Next there will be a stuffing company called Xsara. I forsee it.

ReputationRep:
    Not completely Veggie, but I do like having a Quorn Roast for Christmas dinner instead of Turkey with tuffing that DOES NOT contain any meat products. Why do they do that to the gorgeous stuffing?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RezM)
    Batetanu shak ne bhaat.
    Bahuu sarass

ReputationRep:
    We don't have christmas dinner cos noone likes it, so I'm not sure yet, possibly quorn stir fry cos it's my favourite.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.