Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vegetarians - What are you having for Christmas dinner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I usually have the same as everyone else minus the turkey (Sprouts, carrots, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, stuffing, apple sauce, gravy etc etc) and then Strawberry cheesecake or whatever, then some sort of buffet for tea. Eating this amount of food usually results with the entire family lying comotose in the living room for the rest of December.

ReputationRep:
    I have Quorn Roast usually, occasionally a nut roast but im not really a major fan of it anyways.
    Also Linda McCartney sausages and good old packet stuffing, which is my FAVOURITE part of the hole meal!
    Also just have roast spuds, tones of veggies and gravy.
    Out of he 6 people in my family 5 are veggies only my poor dad has turkey! But if we have people over at least he can share with them!!

ReputationRep:
    Mash, stuffing, vegetables and gravy
    My dad still expects me to cook him turkey though

ReputationRep:
    I might have veggie haggis, or something based on bell peppers. Not decided yet.

ReputationRep:
    Mashed potato and yorkshire puddings.
    Perhaps some peas & cauliflower cheese.
    Joy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooze)
    I might have veggie haggis, or something based on bell peppers. Not decided yet.
    veggie haggis wins every time. yummy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    packet stuffing is actually pretty yummy. I'm indifferent to whether I have packet or from scratch and seeing as i'm the one making it i'll go for packet. anything to make christmas day less hectic tbh.

the flavour of the stuffing doesn't come from the meat juices unless you cook it with the meat...and i've never liked the taste/texture of it when it's cooked with the meat anyway.
    you ******* disgust me - i refuse to talk to you.

packet stuff tastes like *****. real stuffing is stunning - end of

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure yet though we usually have a quorn or nut roast since my parents are both veggie too. My nan either joins us or my mum buys some turkey for her. We have it with the usual mash, roasts, yorkshire puddings, veg (everyone else has stuffing (packet) but I don't like it) then we usually have something like toffee pecan roulade for dessert. My nan might not be coming this year though, so we may do something slightly different.

ReputationRep:
    Quorn roast. *dribbles*

ReputationRep:

I dont celebrate christmas or christmas dinner.. but this meal is actually tasty and fun.

ReputationRep:
    I think I might attempt making this for my family, but without the egg and Scheese instead of cheese... it looks yummy

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes...ecipe_p_1.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookoo_koochoo)
    I think I might attempt making this for my family, but without the egg and Scheese instead of cheese... it looks yummy

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes...ecipe_p_1.html
    by just omitting the eggs would be a bit dry i think.. try adding a tablespoon of vegetable oil for each egg, or even better.. get hold of some 'egg replacer' it works wonders!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it migth end up crumbling away all over the place haha... I might try the ground flax seed route as I've never tried that out before! I normally just don't use egg replacer in things... thanks though
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Quorn and other 'trying to be meat' meat products make me want to sick up. They are so gross

Not sure what I'm having though. Maybe a vegetable pie.

ReputationRep:
    For christmas dinner at uni. I had nut roast with tomato sauce, roast potatoes and carrots. Was yummy.
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)

I dont celebrate christmas or christmas dinner.. but this meal is actually tasty and fun.
    That looks amazing, any idea where I could get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    That looks amazing, any idea where I could get it?
    Holland & Barratt fridge cabinets.. and other health food shops. Anywhere thats stocks other Cheatin' products will probably have it in! costs about £5 but feeds 2.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a proper vegetarian anymore - I have fish a couple of times a mont, turkey on Christmas, and raan masaledar on my birthday.
    But when I was, I just had piles of sage and onion stuffing instead, and then the normal veg.
    (Original post by abc101)
    Paxo all the way!

I am normally a 'from scratch' person - I like to make my own bread, I hate prepared veg, I wont buy shop-bought fairy cakes etc etc...but there is one thing I will never make from scratch, and that's stuffing! What on earth is the point?! It would never even occur to me to make my own stuffing!

Sage and onion's awesome, but Paxo also do a fantabulous cranberry one...yum yum yum!
    Home made stuffing is great! You get to use up old bread, smell the onions frying off, and I used to get sent out to the garden to pick the sage for my grandmother, I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Mashed potatoe,roast potatoe,Carrots and turnip. it's what i always have.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Crosseyed And Painless]I'm not a proper vegetarian anymore - I have fish a couple of times a mont, turkey on Christmas[QUOTE] you're not a vegetarian at all if you eat meat

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.