Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, i am lost as to what college/6th form I should choose. I live in Kensington and Chealsea and would prefer one in that area.. but won't mind if it is a further area as long as there is good transport. State school is what I am really looking for, but private schools are fine as long as they are not too expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Well if your Catholic and have very good predicted grades the London Oratory and Cardinal Vaughn are two very good state schools in that area.

ReputationRep:
    DLD 6th form college, I know people who went there, pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    not catholic, but my english teacher said for 6th form you don't need to be catholic for cardinal..

one thing i don't understand, how do i apply..? There are no admission forms or anything. _confused_

Could people please inform me about the whole process, i know nothing of it.. how to look for colleges what to do, how to apply... arrg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ihategcse)
    not catholic, but my english teacher said for 6th form you don't need to be catholic for cardinal..

one thing i don't understand, how do i apply..? There are no admission forms or anything. _confused_

Could people please inform me about the whole process, i know nothing of it.. how to look for colleges what to do, how to apply... arrg.
    Thats interesting, I always thought you had to be. I know they aren't as picky as the London Oratory [a friend of mine got rejected from the London Oratory because she "only" went to mass once a week and didn't help out in church at other times] but I thought they would be so oversubscribed they wouldn't need to look to non Catholics anyway.

ReputationRep:

Yupp she/he's right

Check out their last year prospectus might help http://www.cvms.co.uk/uploads/Prospectus%202007.pdf

Basically. Around november - january (the colleges are earlier, the sixth forms are later) there are open evenings where you go along, listen to a talk, chat to subject teachers and sometimes register your interest. You get a pack with prospectus/admissions/application form etc

Also you may wanna keep checking the website as some update with forms

ReputationRep:
    i missed the open day already I think. I don't know how I should apply?

ReputationRep:
    i missed the open day already I think. I don't know how I should apply?
    email them and ask for this years 6th form prospectus & an application form.

ReputationRep:
    Yer, Ive been at the Oratory for 7 years now.
    Its got a great reputation and is in fact world renowned seeing as Blairs kids came here and our choir sing in films (the lord of the rings and harry potter)
    For me its been really personal though, and the tutors are really helpful with uni applications, we also send of the most people out of any non private school to Oxbridge!

COME ORATORY!!!! :P x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexCisneros)
    Yer, Ive been at the Oratory for 7 years now.
    Its got a great reputation and is in fact world renowned seeing as Blairs kids came here and our choir sing in films (the lord of the rings and harry potter)
    For me its been really personal though, and the tutors are really helpful with uni applications, we also send of the most people out of any non private school to Oxbridge!

COME ORATORY!!!! :P x
    haha, I really wanted to apply there but:
    I missed the deadline thing
    AND i'm a non-catholic so I'd have had like no chance
    Has CVMS' application deadline passed? I know their open day's already happened..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice_dragoness274)
    haha, I really wanted to apply there but:
    I missed the deadline thing
    AND i'm a non-catholic so I'd have had like no chance
    Has CVMS' application deadline passed? I know their open day's already happened..
    YEr, you have to be Catholic, and they are well strict on admissions about that. Sorry, I hope where ever you go you have fun!
    Or just lie...

ReputationRep:
    Is cvms good currently go to cardinal wiseman but not very fond of going there for six form as it is not as good as it used to be and will probably not offer what I intend to take but cvms does Have not looked at what London ORATORY offers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.