Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I dont know what to do with my skin, its in really bad condition. have suffered with acne but now its almost gone just a few spots really. I know foundation is bad for my skin but if I dont wear it I look terrible, red patches and obviously some spots. any suggestions for helping it look good so I dont have to wear as much make up?
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Yup go to the doctors, they can give you gel/antibiotics that'll help clear it up

ReputationRep:
    I didnt think the docs could help with it lol. thanks

ReputationRep:
    hmm yeah I suppose lol

ReputationRep:
    I have the same. I used to have terrible skin, went on the pill and it's cleared up a lot but I have the odd scar and patches of redness. If you don't want to go to the doctors then pop to a chemist and you can get a cream that's green and will offset the redness a little, ask the pharmacist for advice.. Have a routine using products that work with your skin; cleanse, tone and moisturise. As well as this, i've just started using mineral make up and I find that my skin is much better because of it. Some of the redness has been reduced with me not plastering my face with a thick liquid foundation and powder.

ReputationRep:
    oo thanks tea_cakes
    does mineral make up work just as well as foundation?

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome. I know how horrible the redness and aftermath of acne can be, it's a pain to get good coverage while not making skin worse.

I find mineral make up covers better than liquid foundation on my skin. Because it's like a powder you apply with a brush in thin layers so you can build up as much coverage as you need. There are lots of different ones to try.

I use lily lolo, which is more expensive than the make up I used to buy but it lasts so much longer. They also have some concealer and a green powder that I use to offset the redness I have on my cheeks. You can order some little sample pots if you decide you like the idea from the lily lolo website.

But there are lots of others around as well. Perhaps have a look around in boots or browse the internet. I think there's a mineral make up thread here or have a look in the 'what foundation do you use' thread. There's a link to a website that offers free samples I think.

ReputationRep:
    ooo thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome! Thanks for the rep

ReputationRep:
    It's alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loobyloo6890)
    I didnt think the docs could help with it lol. thanks
    Definitely go to your GP, he will most likely refer you to a dermatologist who may prescribe you steroid or atopical creams/ointments.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.