Turn on thread page Beta

Paranoia over guy's ex? Am I insane? watch

I've been seeing a guy for like two months, since we came to uni pretty much. We both split up with people right before uni and were both convinced that we didn't want a new relationship (at the time). So when we started off it was very, very no-strings but we are far more coupley now. I've basically decided now I -probably- do want a relationship with this guy, by now I'm over my ex and I really really like him. I asked him about what was going on the other day and he said that he thought he didn't want a girlfriend but I've made him seriously doubt that...but he still doesn't know.

Main issue is that me and my ex split up on bad terms and now don't speak, we went out for like a year and it was very serious. This guy's ex and him went out for like 2-3 months and split up on well good terms and are still friends. They text each other all the time. He has gone to see her at her uni this weekend and every single second I am actually going insane with being uncomfortable with this. I have no reason to think he likes her and he actually told me outright (without me asking) not to read anything into him going to see her. But I can't help thinking it's weird. Does anyone else agree? (Also, does anyone have any tips to carry me over the next two days of continuing to freak out about it until he's back???)

I had the same problem, my gf and her ex still talked/texted and stuff, especially me being in a LDR and him living close to her, but I realised, as you probably should, that it is just all in your head, and if they broke up on good terms, then there was a reason for it and they dont want to be together. I say talk to him about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.