The Student Room Group

Aqa alevel physics 2022

Last year it was 156/250 to get an A, would it be similar this year?
Bump
bump
Anyone?
Reply 4
No one knows, the grade boundaries are set after the exam is sat. The grade distribution is said to be a bit more generous this year, but how that manifests itself will depend on how the cohort performs over the three papers.
Reply 5
Original post by Skiwi
No one knows, the grade boundaries are set after the exam is sat. The grade distribution is said to be a bit more generous this year, but how that manifests itself will depend on how the cohort performs over the three papers.

More generous this year compared with 2019. The autumn exam series were given the same grade distributions as the centre-assessed grades, so the grade boundaries this year would be higher than the 2021 and 2020 autumn exams.
Reply 6
Original post by Sinnoh
More generous this year compared with 2019. The autumn exam series were given the same grade distributions as the centre-assessed grades, so the grade boundaries this year would be higher than the 2021 and 2020 autumn exams.

Can you say that for sure though? If it's the grade distribution that's changing to be a midpoint if 2019 and 2021 then you can't really say what the actual boundaries will be until after the papers are sat and marked. If the papers this year are substantially harder/easier etc it will change the boundaries
Original post by Sinnoh

So would 150/250 be a B?
Reply 8
Original post by LeoHsieh20040725
So would 150/250 be a B?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know, it does depend on how hard the exam actually was, as Skiwi said
Reply 9
Original post by Sinnoh
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know, it does depend on how hard the exam actually was, as Skiwi said

Paper wasn't bad tbf, every question was accessable. We'll see what paper 2/3 end up being like.
Original post by Skiwi
Paper wasn't bad tbf, every question was accessable. We'll see what paper 2/3 end up being like.

I think I got around 50 for paper 1, would that at least give me a B for that paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending