Applying though UCAS with an internally deferred place

Watch this thread
FinnEv
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am on my GAP year right now with a confirmed place in September 2022. I applied through UCAS to try my luck at some different types of courses to see my options, I got accepted by all 5 with unconditional places with one of them being better than my deferred course. However, I'm still of two minds about ditching my original uni so wanted to think about my decision for longer ideally. If I accept my UCAS options can I keep my deferred option as well if I change my mind?
Also, I saw a chain that said you can't even do what I did because UCAS keeps a record of deferred students but my deferral was internal so I dodged that problem (I think). Deadline is coming up soon so any thoughts would be great.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
If you are already holding a deferred place through UCAS you cannot also reapply through UCAS in your gap year.

What di you mean by an 'internal' deferral.
FinnEv
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What I mean by internal deferral is that UCAS isn't notified as I was at the university doing a course when I asked to change to a different degree so was allowed to drop out until it started again in 2022 and they would give me a place then.

(Original post by McGinger)
If you are already holding a deferred place through UCAS you cannot also reapply through UCAS in your gap year.

What di you mean by an 'internal' deferral.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.14%
They're exactly what I expected (72)
24.49%