Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to use the internet on their i phone without having to connect to every wi fi that comes up?

ReputationRep:
    If you aren't connected to a wireless home network then it should work over 3G (if available) or GPRS.

Use it with WiFi off and good signal reception.

ReputationRep:
    Edge?

ReputationRep:
    yeh im connected to my home one but cant connect outside of that ?

ReputationRep:
    Are you on an official contract?

ReputationRep:
    nah pay as you go but usually get free internet usage

ReputationRep:
    Then you will need to change the settings in the cellular data network to payandgo.o2.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Edge?
    What's edge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minim)
    Then you will need to change the settings in the cellular data network to payandgo.o2.co.uk
    This.

The username is payandgo and the password is password.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munkie)
    This.

The username is payandgo and the password is password.
    lol thanx i was just about to ask that x

ReputationRep:
    one more question, you know the VPN account do you know out of L2TP, PPTP or IPSec, which one to choose ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dollymix427)
    one more question, you know the VPN account do you know out of L2TP, PPTP or IPSec, which one to choose ?
    Lol you don't need that, don't worry about it. Leave VPN off

I thought the username for P&G is also vertigo and password is password. Well, one of these two will work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minim)
    Lol you don't need that, don't worry about it. Leave VPN off

I thought the username for P&G is also vertigo and password is password. Well, one of these two will work.
    hah ok lol, i know i said one more question, but i have one more lol, does that mean i should keep my wi fi on or off ?

ReputationRep:
    On.

If there's WiFi available your iPhone will prompt you to connect to it because it's the fastest internet in most cases. If there isn't, it will automatically connect to 3G/ Edge or GPRS depending on what is available in the area you're in.

ReputationRep:
    ohh kk thanx = ) x

ReputationRep:
    It's ok, and you can always resort to this forum http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3 for technical problems, news, etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.