The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Science: Synergy Paper 2 (both tiers) 8465/2F - 9 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

AQA GCSE Combined Science: Synergy Paper 2 (both tiers) 8465/2F - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June PM
Length: 1h45

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Reply 1
hello!

due to mental and physical health i haven't haven't in school since 2019, i have been put in to this subject for gcse because it is the "easiest" option, however i have literally never done the subject before. i have the advanced info from my school, but does anyone have any tips on how to remember things, or just about the stuff on the exam in general?
Reply 2
hello!

can anyone at all help me with this for tomorrow's exam? ive never done the subject before (long story) and have literally nothing apart from the advanced info.

paper one went okay but i think im going to find this one harder.

Original post by mgib5
hello!

can anyone at all help me with this for tomorrow's exam? ive never done the subject before (long story) and have literally nothing apart from the advanced info.

GCSE?
Reply 4
Original post by Gogetterfl
GCSE?

yep
Original post by mgib5
yep

Do you know the topics included?
Reply 6
Original post by Gogetterfl
Do you know the topics included?

i got given a list from my school of about 150 topics but with no indication which exam each topic is on. the most i know is that this is a life science (?) exam, so i presume it's a lot of biology type stuff
Original post by mgib5
i got given a list from my school of about 150 topics but with no indication which exam each topic is on. the most i know is that this is a life science (?) exam, so i presume it's a lot of biology type stuff

Go over these topics:

- The particle model
- Density
- Gas Pressure
- Heating and Changes of State
- Atomic Structure (Scientific models, Size of atoms, Sub-atomic particles, Isotopes and electrons in atoms)
- Electron Microscopy
- Cell Structure
- Transport into out of cells
- Mitosis and cell cycle
- Meiosis and cell differentiation
- Waves
- Transport over larger distances -body and all exchanges and in plants too
- Photosynthesis and things in the cell
- Interactions with environment (so diseases and lifestyle and that)
- Radiation and risk
- Preventing curing disease, then the earths atmosphere and pollution and cycles. Ecosystems and diversity and Inheritance. Variation and evolution. Basically go through everything and maybe avoid stuff you encountered in Paper 1 but you could still get them in Paper 2. Go over past papers for paper 1 and 2 and identify the key topics that come in paper 2 to help you focus your revision too.
-

Also a good tip may be to watch YouTube videos of people doing the exam papers for you, so you try the exam question first then watch the YouTuber do it and see what went right and wrong and they’ll actually explain the thought process. May be better than just looking at a mark scheme.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mgib5
hello!

Hi, just to let you know I've merged your thread into the main exam thread :smile:
How did you find the exam?
Reply 10
not too bad, i didn't find the advanced info to be very accurate but im just hoping for a 4 at this point

Quick Reply